Specialist - Merchandising
The Merchandising team supports Hermès of Paris US business by managing the process of sales forecasting, open to buy (OTB), merchandise selection, inventory management, reporting and analysis. The Merchandising team develops strategies and sets clear direction to maximize business performance.
The Opportunity:The Merchandise Specialist will work within the Merchandising Department for Hermès of Paris. The person will manage the overall business of the assigned categories of men’s and travel bags by partnering with retail planner, boutique Directors and Paris headquarters to meet the financial goals by maximizing business opportunities.
This position is based in New York.
About the Role:
- Executing seasonal and annual action plans to meet financial goals
- Proactively analyzing business trends to propose and execute action plans not to lose sales momentum
- Monitoring shipment status and follow through to ensure timely delivery
- Providing quantitative analysis and qualitative feedback to business counterparts and senior management to help determine best assortment and strategies
- Conducting seasonal competitive analysis and providing constructive feedback to corporate and retail partners as well as headquarter
- Partnering with training department to provide seasonal materials for boutiques to be utilized for collection discovery
- Playing a key role to be an advocate for the responsible category. Constantly interacting with retail partners to ensure product flow by performing rebalance/transfers, allocating, placing re-orders and proposing possible cancellation.
- Constantly monitoring quantitative and qualitative inventory status of each market to best provide optimal selling environment for retail team
- Building/improving reporting tools that help easily recognize business opportunities
- Leading the buying session/podium by collaborating with Paris partners, boutique directors and senior management to ensure optimal product assortment customized to each market
- Traveling to different markets who require business attention and/or instore events, store opening, training and metier visits
- Handling special projects and responsibilities as required
- All other duties assigned by supervisor
- 2 years of merchandise planning or related experience with direct open-to-buy experience strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Analytical ability to synthesize data from different systems to understand business trends and provide forward-thinking insight
- Have the attention to detail to work in various systems and databases
- French is a plus, but not a requirement
- Ability to multitask with accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational, and communication skills
The range for this position is $63,760.00 - $95,640.00. Actual rates are determined based on the job, location, and individual experience.
We are looking for a candidate that has a combination of the above attributes and can perform the key functions of the role with or without reasonable accommodations.
Company Overview:Since 1837, Hermès has remained faithful to its artisan business model and humanist values. We place people at the heart of what we do and aspire to make a positive impact on the world. The freedom to create, the constant search for beautiful materials, the transmission of a savoir-faire of excellence and the aesthetic of functionality define the singularity of Hermès, a house dedicated to making highly-crafted, beautiful objects made to stand the test of time.
An independent, family-owned company, Hermès is dedicated to keeping production in France through its 42 workshops, The Hermès organization is also a truly global community with a network of 310 stores in 49 countries. Hermès employs more than 15,000 people worldwide with over 6,000 of the workforce being Hermès craftspeople engaged in making artisanal products, nurturing a 180+ year tradition of creativity and innovation.
At Hermès, our actions for sustainable development and corporate social responsibility are founded in values passed down by generations of humble artisans who have shaped the story of our house and the integrity of our objects. The roots of Hermès’ success and longevity lie in a sense of responsibility; a quest for authenticity and respect for time and preservation of natural resources. All at Hermès wish to leave a positive footprint on the world, a mission that’s at the heart of our commitment to progress. This narrative can be experienced in a series of shorts films “Footsteps Across the World” available on our website. Link here.
Our Commitment:Family is at the heart of Hermès. At Hermès of Paris, we are committed to being a Maison for All, a home where we make efforts to generate, support and advance the values of diversity, inclusion and family both within our own walls and in the wider world. At Hermès of Paris we look to create a diverse workforce of talented and unique individuals with different backgrounds, skillsets and worldviews that will enrich our Hermès of Paris family. We support our individual team members personal and professional success through a culture that values equality, individuality and fairness and through an environment where individuals can thrive and feel comfortable being their authentic selves. Beyond the walls of our Maison, we advance our DIF values through the work that we do in partnership with our community and non-profit partners.
At Hermès of Paris, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. It is the policy of Hermès of Paris, Inc. that applicants for employment are recruited, selected and hired on the basis of individual merit and ability with respect to positions being filled and potential for promotion or transfer which may be expected to develop. Applicants are recruited, selected and hired without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. In addition, personnel procedures and practices with regard to training, promotion, transfer, compensation, demotion, lay off or termination are to be administered with due regard to job performance, experience and qualifications, but without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hermès of Paris, Inc. also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.