Specialist, Merchandising (Greensboro, NC)
Kontoor Brands, Inc. (KTB) is a global lifestyle apparel company with a portfolio of some of the world’s most iconic denim brands: Wrangler®, Lee® and Rock & Republic®. We design, manufacture and distribute superior high-quality products that look good, fit right, and are crafted with sensitivity to our planet to give people around the world the freedom and confidence to express themselves.
Our global community of more than 15,000 employees fosters a culture of integrity, collaboration, performance and entrepreneurial spirit. We are looking for inclusive, humble, creative and forward-looking employees with a passion for creating innovative apparel products, accessories, and solutions that are both meaningful and purposeful for consumers and employees.
Merchandising Specialist: Become the Newest Member of Kontoor BrandsThe primary responsibilities of the Merchandising Specialist, are to generate prototype requests and line specification sheets utilized by Wrangler Merchandising in the development of each seasonal product line, to assist the merchandising staff in producing each seasonal line, to complete various special projects, and to maintain various books, specification files, workrooms, etc.
- Line Sheets: Provides information to forecaster on usages, estimates, lot # questions, size percentages, and sets up lot scales
- Prototypes: Sets up reference cards, obtains fabric for prototypes and wash targets. Processes fabric reassignment, chooses fabric representation for swatches, (assortments), obtains swatches for surplus used, etc., and orders fabric. Does all prep and development work on specials
- Wet Finish Standards: Coordinates wash targets with key areas - Technical Services, plant, fabric services, merchandising services. Coordinates solutions to Q.C. problems in HAK, and does miscellaneous fabric testing
- Correspondence: Works with vendors, keeps records, files, coordinates special projects, monitors preliminary specifications, makes decisions in merchandiser's absence, interfaces with key sales people on behalf of merchandiser - ex: answers questions, prepares document listings as requested, gets special packages together, fields sales suggestions, etc. Processes carryovers, coordinates information with SKU planners, fields questions, problems, supplies information in reference to Imports. Provides style information to Customer Service/Consumer Relations
- Preline Meetings: Attends meetings, CAD coordination, focuses meeting preparation with Operations/Merchandising
- Photo Shoots: Interviews models, negotiates price, schedules and coordinates photo shoots. Schedules photography as needed
- Special Shows: Orders specific product as needed for Advertising for shows, presentations, fashion shows, etc. Coordinates styles to be selected with Merchandiser
- Attend Wrangler sales functions, prelines, sales meetings, Fan Fair, and other occasional events. Makes line presentations in Merchandiser's absence
- Findings: Assignments of threads and closures, coordinates special handling of findings, labels, hang tags, special stickers, care labels, etc.
- Technical Problems: Coordinates swatch cards
- Catalogs: Coordinates specification changes
- Pricing: Prices book coordination, coordinates set up of correct prices, Cmt, estimates, etc., with Cost and Budget/HAK/Operations. Inputs all new prices and updates for pricing meetings, proofs price lists for price book, monitors invoices and approves. Special price forms
- Global Coordination:
- Coordinate integration of Global team into NAM GTM process.
- Facilitate key GTM and product development calendaring process.
- Communicate Seasonal NAM Merchandise brief and line plan to Global teams.
- Coordinate additional development needs with Design team.
- Coordinate sample needs and manage sample ordering process and tracking.
- Coordinate global sell-in marketing needs with Brand team.
- Ticketing, Photoshoot assets, 3D assets
- Coordinate communication of sample line and production line product details.
- fabric content, key feature benefits, COO, fit, etc.
- Facilitate and coordinate weekly / bi-weekly global team meetings
- Coordinate sampling process and calendar management between Global and Operations.
- Global Execution:
- Process Global only line sheets
- Communicate additional shared style needs to NAM team
- additional sizes, special product call-outs, on product marketing
- Facilitate Global only fabric and leg panel approval process
- Knowledge of PC applications and administrative clerical functions.
- Familiarity with fabric and clothing construction and basic functions of company operations, including manufacturing locations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to think logically, show initiative and work independently.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 2 – 4 years
- High School Diploma required
- Prefer 2 year or 4 year degree in Consumer Apparel and Retail Studies, Business Management or Merchandising; or equivalent business experience