Specialist Writer – Global Product Writing
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As a Product Writer you provide the foundational copy vital to inspire, inform and sell product. You’ll learn about each season's line of footwear, apparel and equipment from product teams and other resources and translate that info into engaging, consumer-ready copy. Your writing adheres to strict guidelines and is always on-brand. You’ll work closely with other writers and collaborate with copy editors to provide accurate, high-quality and on-time product descriptions to Nike.com and our global partners.
In addition to writing, your day-to-day will require gathering information about a set of styles and checking facts against multiple sources to ensure accuracy. Relationship building is key. Taking highly technical product information and translating it to consumer-friendly stories comes second nature. You are a self-starter who excels in research and thrives in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines. As a true steward of the brand, you’ll be writing copy that’ll be read by millions of consumers and athletes across the globe.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
- Write a high volume of consumer-friendly product descriptions.
- Create clear, concise, accurate, and on-brand copy.
- Partner with copy editors to ensure copy is on-brand, legally compliant and tells a compelling story.
- Partner with product teams to understand the product stories and write copy that excites and engages consumers.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will partner with your Writing Manager, Writing Editor, Product Design, Product Specialists, Product Writing Operations and your Product Writing Teammates.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING?
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- 2+ years of writing experience in a corporate setting, agency, or e-commerce.
- Experience writing about consumer products, natural curiosity as a storyteller, and strong grasp of the written word.
- Demonstrate outstanding attention to detail and ability to self-manage a full workload and hit deadlines on time.
- Strong understanding of digital content and what makes for a compelling experience.
- A talent for working with a team and communicating effectively, along with a proven ability to advocate for both yourself and your teammates.
- Ability to work on-site at WHQ in Beaverton, OR in a hybrid capacity. This role is not open to permanent remote workers or sitting out of other city campuses.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.