SR APPAREL DESIGNER - WATERMANS
We awaken the spirit of freedom and adventure by connecting boardriders around the world. We are the world’s leading action sports and lifestyle company with a global portfolio of brands. We’re a team of 7,500 like-minded souls protecting what we love. The smell of the ocean. The sounds of the city you know so well. The perfect slope. The perfect wave. The perfect game. Ultimate freedom.
We lead with integrity and passion, we build an inclusive community, we protect our playgrounds and we play to win.
We are Quiksilver, Billabong, Roxy, RVCA, DC Shoes, Element, VonZipper, Honolua. We are BOARDRIDERS.
“Boardriders is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including: Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans”
SummaryThe Sr Apparel Deisgner will be responsible for leading the apparel design process to create seasonal collections consistent with the Watermans global direction in Mainline and SMU. This person will work with the global design team to conecept origianl product design through mood boards, flats and illustrations. This person will drive the product through follow-up and collaboration with all internal cross-functional teams in merchandisng, development, sales, and marketing. This person will be responsible for fittings, tech packs, sales meetings, line prep, style development & execution, and special project preparation
- Research market and create innovative product designs that advance Watermans design image, advance product performance and appeal to targeted consumers
- Responsible for all design details from rough sketches to completion of tech packs
- Responsible for all material selection, color details, all styling details, and developing graphic artwork for branding and packaging
- Responsible for approvals on color, fabric, trim, art, branding & finishing.
- Create computer design: sketches, multiple colorways and storyboards
- Create visual presentations and follow up with all design details
- Present product and concept at 2D meetings, FLA meetings, and sales meetings
- Participate in fitting garments and review product details to ensure product execution meets the design aesthetics as well as commercially acceptable quality standards
- Work close with the design team, merchandisers and developers to ensure the designs are executed correctly and correspond to the regional requests.
- Review all details on prototypes with designers, merchandiser and developer. Share responsibility with the merchandising team for final product result
- Adhere to calendar & manage the regional team to meet global & regional due dates
- Ability to travel overseas at least 4 times a year.
- 8+ years of design experience in Men’s apparel. Experience with swim & fitness categories a plus.
- Must have strong leadership qualities and ablity to work through ambiguity
- Able to create a positive team environment and foster creativity
- Able to create and execute strong plans to meet company goals & initiatives
- Must be able to deliver on global and regional calendar deadlines
- Strong ability to identify issues and problem solving skills
- Ability to take direction from sales team and merchandising team to create incremental business
- Must have a strong understanding of garment construction and fabric types
- Strong sense of color, print/pattern, design, and trend.
- Ability to develop and present product presentations for large groups
- Ability to establish and maintain effective cross-functional relationships within a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Highly developed organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Confidence to work with others in a creative environment
- Mac design experience in Adobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Experience with PLM systems a plus