Sr. Apparel Technical Designer, Digital
Since 1906, New Balance has empowered people through sport and craftsmanship to create positive change in communities around the world. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We foster a culture in which every associate feels welcomed and respected, where leaders and creatives are inspired to shape the world of tomorrow by taking bold action today. At New Balance, We Got Now.Job Mission
As a key member of the Apparel team, the Senior Technical Designer will play a critical role in the digital department as it relates to 3D, patterns, PLM System, and other future technologies.
Works collaboratively and cross functionally to deliver digital requests on time, with the quality and quantity required. Laser focused on detail and drives consistency across a variety of diverse global Apparel categories. Embraces innovation, new ways of working, and continuous learning.Major Accountabilities
- Responsible for making accurate digital interpretations of designs while maintaining fit consistency and construction standards.
- Support the evolution and adoption of the 3D creation process
- Assist the global Technical Design teams with all digital needs
- Continuously evolve and contribute to the technical design digital processes, libraries, manuals, methods, and workflows.
- Ability to multi-task and independently prioritize according to calendar deadlines
- Builds partnerships with factories to ensure NB digital standards and processes are consistently followed.
- Build and maintain digital standards and libraries for the Technical Design department. Including, but not limited to: Core and graded avatars, Specialty avatars, 3D block library, body scan data, PLM libraries.
- Identify any potential production and costing issues when creating digital assets and make appropriate recommendations.
- Participate and support in design reviews and fit sessions for assigned categories
- Mentor, train, and support technical design colleagues in all aspects of 3D, patternmaking, and construction. Create educational opportunities for the team to continuously refine their technical skills.
- Maintain awareness of new technologies in the industry
- Participate in innovation projects that explore new or untested technologies, providing expertise as a practical user of technology, to help find new opportunities for the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Clothing & Textiles or related major, plus a minimum of 8+ years’ experience in Apparel technical design. At least 3 years’ experience in the application of 3D digital product creation in an apparel environment.
- Advanced/Expert skill using 3D software such as, Browzwear or Clo.
- Expert in patternmaking, construction, and sewing techniques for a variety of product types, categories, and divisions
- Complete understanding of Development and manufacturing process on global scale.
- Ability and willingness to travel globally twice a year
- Systems Knowledge: Gerber Accumark, PLM System, Illustrator, PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience with highly technical performance apparel fit and construction is preferred.
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. New Balance offers a comprehensive traditional benefits package including three options for medical insurance as well as dental, vision, life insurance and 401K. We also proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like online learning and development courses, tuition reimbursement, $100 monthly student loan support and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a yearly $1,000 lifestyle reimbursement, 4 weeks of vacations, 12 holidays and generous parental leave, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.Learn More About Our BenefitsTemporary associate benefits will be communicated separately.Flexible Work Schedule
New Balance is committed to creating a culture that allows our associates to do their best work. Ourcorporate
work-from-home policy does not mandate an arbitrary number of days in-office. Instead, we’ve designed a flexible hybrid model that empowers individual teams by letting the type of work dictate where it will most effectively be performed. We are capitalizing on this unique opportunity to evolve how we work based on efficiency, productivity, and the well-being of our associates.Equal Opportunity Employer
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.