The Sr. Buyer is a customer centric, data-driven merchant with an excellent taste level to create and execute our product strategy and roadmap for a cohesive and complimentary assortment “Edit”.
In this role, you will develop, execute and drive merchandise strategies for apparel, footwear and accessories that complement the private brands. We refer to this as “The Edit”. Partnering with the PB merchants you will create a seasonal “Edit” that delights the customer while meeting or exceeding the financial goals of the business.
- Develop short- and long-term strategic merchandising initiatives in conjunction with the Director, Merchandise Strategy
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape and where Bandier and is positioned to succeed in the marketplace
- Utilize data, consumer insights, and product and trend knowledge to develop and execute against robust weekly, monthly, and seasonal lineplans; key concepts and themes; product launch strategies in conjunction with Marketing; and promotional calendar and pricing structure
- Responsible for financial performance and KPIs for all apparel, footwear and accessories.
- Analyze daily, weekly and monthly performance identifying key styles and categories that drive sales, repeat purchases and buyer acquisition. Present weekly actionable insights and recommendations to optimize short and long-term performance. Develop a deep knowledge of previous sales history and seasons while also seizing on white space opportunities to meet or exceed top line goals
- Working closely with Sr. Director of Planning manage open-to-buy in order to accurately forecast sales and inventory needs
- Participate in Product lifecycle milestone process to maintain ‘The Edit” and team accountability to a cohesive collection for customers
- Develop strong relationship with vendors to ensure optimum margin; identify and negotiate co-op marketing opportunities
- Partner with vendors for exclusive products
- Ensure samples are available for select assortment review milestones
- Solicit and analyze consumer feedback to communicate insights and action items for continued improvement of offering and customer experience
- Partner with Digital and Marketing teams to bring product to life and maximize performance in season
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 - 7 years of experience in Merchandising and Planning
- Previous experience scaling a direct-to-consumer and/or omnichannel brand
- Strong understanding of the Bandier brand and assortment and competitive landscape in Active and RTW space. Experience in Home, Beauty and other lifestyle categories a plus
- Elevated taste level with the ability to translate creative vision into commercial needs
- Ability to work in a high-energy and fast paced environment, with proven success at managing multiple projects and time management
- Ability to evaluate financial and digital indicators and translate data into actionable insights to drive results
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities and pivot as needed
- Excellent work ethic, positive attitude, and ability to think creatively and innovate
- Strong presentation skills, with a comfort in collaborating with management and cross functional partners
Bandier is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to diversity and equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.