Sr. Buyer (Hybrid)
The Sr. Buyer is responsible for strategy development with the commodity managers by identifying opportunities for savings, consolidation, risk, or process improvement. This role is accountable for managing the procurement data for quality, presentation of the data, and for accurate reporting from SAP, ARIBA spend, and a Contract Management system. This role will also be the Procurement lead for all of the Human Resources procurement needs including Benefits.
This is a hybrid role located in Montvale, NJ.
- Partnering with Commodity Managers, Buyers, and Procurement Managers to identify short and also long term strategies through use of data.
- Lead the development of QLIK tools for Indirect Metric reporting, business intelligence and data integration to identify strategies, manage risk, or solve issues.
- Lead improvement in ARIBA data enrichment and the quarterly process
- Manage the SAP data cleansing process.
- Create custom reports to support the discovery of opportunities
- Lead the procurement strategies, relationship internally and with suppliers, and implementation of Human Resources procurement needs.
- Strategic Thinker
- Has Business Acumen
- Good Decision Making and Presentation skills
- Customer focused
- Good Relationship Management skills internally with Customers, other procurement members, and with Suppliers.
- Effective Communication skills
- Drives for accuracy in data and data presentation
- Has analytical skills
- Can Plan and Organize
- Can Manage Priorities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and also with the entire Procurement team
- Understanding of standard purchasing and supply chain concepts, practices and procedures
- Strong knowledge of procurement software, such as, SAP and/or ARIBA
- Knowledge of a Procurement Contract Management system, such as, Ironclad
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong customer focus
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Knowledge of company products
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's Degree in field of business, engineering, sciences or Supply Chain or associates degree
- Minimum of 7 years of sourcing experience
- Prefer experience in use of ERP system (SAP), ARIBA, and Contract Management System
- CPSM or working towards one
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business. We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore.
At Benjamin Moore & Co, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive because it benefits our employees, our products, and our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Benjamin Moore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program Benjamin Moore provides Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program to support eligible active employees who graduated from an accredited post-secondary educational institution. The Repayment Program is intended to contribute to reducing employee’s student loans. The Company follows all rules and regulations concerning the taxability of student loan repayments provided under applicable law.
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 140 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success, and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network