Sr. CAD Designer - Apparel
Bluestem Brands primary mission is to serve customers whether that be as the leading provider for consumers seeking to establish, build or rebuild credit through our Fingerhut brand; or being uniquely advantaged at the intersection of value, exclusivity and curated with solutions tailored to the mature market consumer at Orchard Brands.
We are seeking a Sr. CAD Designer to support our Orchard Brands of Womens and Mens apparel. This will be a Hybrid Role located in our Middleton, MA Office.
Note: In order to be considered for this Role you will need to provide a recent artwork portfolio.The Sr. CAD Designer will use strong design and conceptual skills to create and produce well-designed prints that are consistent with branding criteria to support our brand. Responsibilities include working with Product Development Manager, Sr Designer DMM and Buyers on understanding the vision of the print and executing the design in preparation for production of the product.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop all forms of textile prints, embroideries and graphic art projects for apparel products as needed and directed by Product Development Manager
- Follow direction from Product Development Manager to recolor and CAD new seasonal prints, build repeats, execute art packages.
- Create new art, prints and designs mindful of market trends and keeping within technical and production specifications.
- Provide all graphic art needs through artistic and creative production materials for all stages of print and product development, including comprehensive art packages for vendors and mills, including digital and print formats.
- Prepare presentation materials for work sessions and meetings. Including trend books, brochures, story boards, and photography and color presentations.
- Work collaboratively with merchants, sourcing and technical design teams
- Maintain extensive print and photo archive in many sharable formats.
- Provide CAD help to sweaters buyer – as and when required
- Partner with sourcing managers to pass production-ready prints to mills and provide support with any questions during strike-off stage.
- Periodically assess EPSON printer supplies needs and with proper approvals order supplies and track their usage.
- Work with prints studios - receive and organize all print digital files.
- Work with NED Graphics for any maintenance or upgrade of software.
- CAD certification from an accredited school preferred
- 3+ years of related fashion CAD experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, NED Graphics
- Experience using MAC OS, Windows OS using Windows Parallel
- CAD Software Color Matters
- Able to work independently, as well as collaborate as a team player
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work precisely, accurately and quickly under deadline pressure
Bluestem Brands is the parent company to five eCommerce retail brands. The leadership at Bluestem Brands is responsive and supportive, empowering those smart and passionate employees who drive our success. We are continually innovating and improving: we take risks, learn from mistakes, and celebrate success as a team.
At Bluestem, you work hard, and you deserve more than just a paycheck. Bluestem works to do what’s right for employees. From the big things (great benefits, employee discounts and incentive plans) to small touches (jeans-every-day dress code), this is the place you’ll want to be. And we don’t just talk about work-life balance, we try to live it. Join the Bluestem Brands team to make an impact, be inspired and be valued, every day.