sr. Creative Lead - Global Copy
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can't imagine living without.
The Senior Creative Lead Copywriter is a masterful storyteller on Under Armour's Global Creative Team who is motivated and energized by the power of sport-obsessed with athletes, attitude, authenticity, and all things digital, at every customer touchpoint. The Copywriter's creative work needs to carry the passion of the world's greatest athletes-from this generation and the next-and the power to help inspire the very best in human performance. This versatile storyteller is also driven and unrelenting in the face of the challenges that balancing big projects and tight deadlines bring.
This role centers around the full omni-channel experience, leading copy and messaging across the entire consumer journey. The individual in this role will be fully dedicated to writing, messaging strategy, and creative concepting to bring to life both Brand and Product storytelling in a way that is new, fresh, and pushes the boundaries of the consumer experience. This effort includes partnering with marketers, designers, and directors to develop stories that strengthen the Brand's emotional connection with
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Write, lead, and manage the development of on-Brand copy across all channels (informed by our Brand Vision, Mission, and Values). This includes meeting with partners to align on marketing/creative strategy, as well as collaborating with creative and cross-functional partners to drive consumer-focused content strategy and execution.
- Be part of the team driving new ideas and new approaches to the consumer journey, helping push the creative and Brand voice forward
- Provide leadership, direction, support and feedback to Copywriters and Associate Copywriters at any time those teammates may be enlisted to deliver copy support to this role
- Support a test-and-learn environment by creating messaging that is A/B tested for efficacy and impact
- Be an advocate for the Brand and an expert on our products-translate that understanding into concepts and actionable sales content and consumer experiences
- Interpret and influence creative briefs to create customer-focused positioning and creative communications strategies that drive defined KPIs
- Willingness to go the extra mile to get the work done and meet commitments made to others (reliability and accountability)
- Ability to think strategically, manage many tasks at once, and deliver high-quality output every time, on time
- Commitment to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to work in an agile, fast-paced, consumer-obsessed, test-and-learn environment
- Commitment to developing personal leadership skills and helping writers at more junior job levels enrich their skills
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent leadership, organization, and collaboration skills
- Microsoft Office and Mac platform proficiency
- The Senior Copywriter must be a writer with strong fundamental skills as well as demonstrated creative capabilities.
- A high level of mastery is expected in the areas of strategic thinking, team leadership/influence, and a self-directed approach to individual/team project management.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of writing/content development experience.
- Experience writing copy across digital channels, especially email is a MUST, and experience with e-commerce is a strong plus.
- Travel 0-5%
- Requires samples of work submitted with resume and salary history [Examples: Email Marketing, Digital ads and implemented campaigns, online content/Ecommerce site references (URLs)]
- Relocation may be provided up to a specified amount
Learn more about Under Armour's COVID-19 response and Teammate vaccination policieshere.