sr. Creative Manager
The Senior Creative Manager translates marketing strategy into compelling, performance-driving creative for use in all media, with a strong focus on digital, video, photography. This person is a key team leader, collaborator, innovator, problem solver. The SCM is a brand steward and talent developer, motivating and guiding designers through fast-paced, all-media projects that adhere to Marketing and Brand strategy.
50% Partner with Creative Director to bring vision to life through design and content development & execution. Partners with copy team to manage execution of concepts, including video & photography, for use in multi-channel campaigns. Thinks strategically about how to simplify communications with compelling graphics that generate leads and drive traffic. Creates impactful short-form and long-form content that captures attention and sparks imagination. Manages development of style guides and toolkits for use by internal creative team and vendors. Protects the integrity of design aesthetics & brand image through graphic design & strong collaboration with partners.
25% Manage Sr Designers to consistently deliver on brand strategy and message. Develop senior designers as thinkers, leaders, and innovators. Pre-approve creative before heading to stakeholder approval flows to ensure all assets are on strategy and designed with best practices in mind. Provide design feedback to result in thoughtful design solutions and aligns to overall vision. Review and approve projects in WorkFront. Develop talent skills in photo art direction and video/animation content.
10% Partner with Project Managers, Creative Director, and partners to ensure clarity on goals and that project deliverables are well executed, on brand, on brief, and delivered on time.
10% Keep up to date with design and digital innovation, lead and inspire team to consistently push design and provide innovative ideas to help the brand evolve.
5% Attend shoots to help bring vision and concepts to life.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree or related digital graphic arts degree with relevant portfolio of work demonstrating proven success leading the design of creative across multiple digital platforms including e-commerce, mobile, digital, motion graphics, video content etc.
- Minimum 6+ years of omnichannel retail experience, including photo/video. Fashion and beauty retail experience is preferred
- Ability to translate consumer research and insights into effective creative design
- Experience leading and planning photo and video productions, partnering with producers, photographers, prop stytlists, retouchers, and video editors to ensure execution aligns with the concept, and oversee finishing of all assets.
- Strong working knowledge of brand development, the creative process, and integrated marketing, including broadcast, video, digital and print.
- Proven mentoring, management, and team-building skills.
- Experience hiring, onboarding, training new team members
- Working closely with Leadership Team to help nurture and grow the team
- Ability to provide clear art direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep deliverables on time and on budget.