Savage X Fenty is currently looking for aSenior Designer
How Do You Fit In?As theSenior Designer, you will be responsible for driving the creation, execution and management of the fashion category under the direction of the Executive Design Director. You will join a fast-paced, creative team, and should bring an innovative and adaptable approach to design that is clear, compelling, and in line with our brand’s aesthetic. In this role, you’ll need to clearly communicate creative ideas to both supervisors and stakeholders, collaborate on ideation with fellow designers, and work with the product development team to deliver solutions that are timely and effective. You will collaborate with cross-functional partners on the fit and execution of all women’s fashion,as well as work closely with merchant partners to understand customer needs and drive sales.
This position will report into theExecutive Design Director**Please submit your portfolio/website to be considered for this role.**
What You Will Do
- Staying informed on new techniques and resources within the industry at large
- Designing brand-appropriate fashion in line with concepts, design directives, and existing fashion product
- Hand-sketching ideas in a way that clearly communicates design and fabrication
- Leading and mentoring CAD Designers on concept, construction and calendar.
- Overseeing linesheet management and ensuring they are regularly updated by team
- Innovating and partnering with PD teams on new developments
- Directing fittings from first prototypes to fit samples, ensuring design aesthetic, materials, and overall garment quality
- Partnering with technical design in the creation of tech packs and as well as during fit sessions
- Partnering with in-house patternmaker, as needed, on 1st prototypes
- Occasionally traveling to Asia, Europe as needed
- Managing your time within the brand calendar, to ensure all major milestones are hit
- Following up on all pre-production details: color, fabric/trim; to ensure consistency with brand decisions
- Taking ownership of projects from concept through production
- Taking initiative to streamline and innovate processes to help make workflow more efficient
- Creating clear, compelling presentation decks and confidently presenting Design ideas to both small and large groups
- Be an inspiring, energy-giving member of the team. Be positive. Be proactive
- Position is located in Los Angeles
- 8+ years of design experience
- Skilled hand sketching technique
- Incredibly creative and innovative with strong knowledge of fashion market
- A passion for inclusive design
- Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- A team player and leader, you contribute positively to team dynamic, cultivate passion and productivity. You are solutions-driven and an advocate for efficiency, as well as having an all-hands-on deck mentality
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to handle confidential information with utmost discretion
- Detail-oriented and organized
- BFA/BA in Fashion Design
Savage X Inc.
is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, compensate, develop, and promote regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable. At Savage X Inc., we champion a vibrant workplace culture that thrives on diversity law and do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. We are one team from many backgrounds, innovating through diversity of individuals, who are driven by passion for creating an inclusive space for all. Savage X Inc.
will continue to champion a workplace culture that prizes diversity and inclusivity.
We encourage you to apply regardless of meeting all qualifications and/or requirements.
Please be aware that the Company requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and we will require all non-remote new hires working in our Los Angeles office to submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation. Currently, the Company considers you fully vaccinated 14 days after your second dose in a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or 14 days after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson). The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a disability, medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation upon active employment.In addition, due to how highly transmittable the Omicron variants is, we are currently requiring all non-remote employees to get a vaccine booster when eligible.