Sr. Designer, Apparel
JustFab / Shoedazzle is currently looking for aSenior Designer, Apparel.How Do You Fit In?
As theSenior Designer, Apparel
, you will manage designs of instructed portion of the business, create and follow through on designs, contribute to seasonal stories and trends of all apparel categories. The Sr. Designer will join an extremely fast-paced team of passionate and energetic individuals working towards significant expansion into overall apparel category. The ideal candidate will be a highly energetic, efficient, self-starter with entrepreneurial mind and strategic vision and is hungry for growth.
This position will report to theDirector, Design
.What You Will Do
- Contribute and collaborate with team to building the Seasonal Concept stories via providing trend overview, must-haves and color palette that are brand appropriate and focused.
- Contribute and collaborate with team to create Seasonal Fabric and Development Direction based on seasonal Concepts, partner with other Designers and Product Developer to strategically map out collections throughout a season to maximize fabric/trend.
- Present monthly Line Build to VP of Design and Design Director. Ensure all fabrics and developments have already been thought through and are feasible to be produced, as well as meeting the company goals. Organized thinking and presentation skill are must.
- Create designs that support line plans, assortment strategies, price points that are consistent with current market trends and company goals.
- Drive Sketches and Pre-Assortment presentations to Merchandising/Buying/Production teams, ensure topline style intent and overall collection goal is presented in the best possible way to promote a healthy adoption rate. Accurate and timely follow through post meetings is exercised to avoid delay and miscommunication.
- Attend Fit sessions, provide fit intent with brand standard in mind, from 1st proto to Pre-Production, for both Regular and Plus sizes. Advise Director of Design at any point if standard is not met or changes in business model that should prompt immediate attention to maximized sale, minimized risk.
- Adhere to Global Calendar deadlines and expectations through each milestone point. Collaborate with Design team on an effective workflow to achieve deadlines. Excel in Time management is crucial.
- Partner with Sourcing, Design team and Vendors to approve fits, fabrics, washes, trims, colors and prints through production. Establish Core fabrics and different ways to maximize. Work efficiently to meet timeline, cost and promote productivity with capacity and lead-time in mind, while minimize risk of delay or cancellation. Ability to translate designs to reality via sound development/production knowledge.
- Proactively look to understand selling result and spot opportunities. Be able to speak intelligently with data to drive designs and ideas that will elevate brand and increase sell-through. Attend Best Seller and Hindsight meetings with an analytical mind.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with Merchandise, Production, Tech, R&D teams, and proactively communicate pertinent changes and updates timely. Ability to be flexible on adopting new ways of working that will increase teamwork, efficiency, and delivery of the right products in the right time.
- Keep up to date on emerging fashion trends via researching the market regularly for inspiration, sourcing, and product opportunities.
- Adhere to company guidelines and proactively seek clarity whenever necessary. Minimize risk via following the proper protocols and communication to soundly carry out initiatives and products. Work with big picture in mind, while also able to be detail oriented.
- Travel as needed to follow up with development and production as applicable
- 7 years previous design experience
- Experience designing multiple product categories, knits and denim is a plus.
- Proven track record of identifying trends and delivering results
- Solid understanding of the marketplace and competitive set
- Exceptional knowledge of garment construction, fit, and finishings
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop for flat sketching and print recoloring and development
- Working knowledge of PLM, Microsoft PowerPoint, Office and Excel
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentation
- Ability to multi-task, think and work creatively with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- 401K match
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Competitive Salary and Equity Structure
- Unlimited Discretionary PTO
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Learning & Development opportunities
- And More!
TechStyleOS is the globally integrated Operations and Services provider behind some of the fastest growing online fashion brands in history, including Fabletics, Savage X Fenty, JustFab, ShoeDazzle, and FabKids. With capabilities spanning technology, data science, supply chain management, fulfillment, customer service, and more, we help brands launch, scale and grow—across product categories and geographically. From predictive analytics to data-driven marketing and attribution, our unique approach is powered by our proprietary, end-to-end tech platform that enables the brands we serve to deliver a level of personalization, value, and satisfaction that are unrivaled in the fashion industry.
JustFab LLC, ShoeDazzle, LLC, Personal Retailing Inc. (d/b/a FabKids) is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, compensate, develop, and promote regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable. At JustFab LLC, ShoeDazzle, LLC, Personal Retailing Inc. (d/b/a FabKids), we champion a vibrant workplace culture that thrives on diversity law and do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. We are one team from many backgrounds, innovating through diversity of individuals, who are driven by passion for creating an inclusive space for all. JustFab LLC, ShoeDazzle, LLC, Personal Retailing Inc. (d/b/a FabKids) will continue to champion a workplace culture that prizes diversity and inclusivity.
We encourage you to apply regardless of meeting all qualifications and/or requirements.Please be aware that the Company requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and we will require all non-remote new hires working in our Los Angeles office to submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation. Currently, the Company considers you fully vaccinated 14 days after your second dose in a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or 14 days after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson). The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a disability, medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation upon active employment.In addition, due to how highly transmittable the Omicron variants is, we are currently requiring all non-remote employees to get a vaccine booster when eligible.