Sr. Designer, Footwear - Cleated
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.Position Summary
Place text here We are searching for aSenior Footwear Designer
to elevate UA Field Sports Footwear. ThisSenior Designer
will focus on our field sports footwear categories, but will also have opportunities to touch all parts of the brand and have access to the latest technologies and innovations. This is an opportunity to be part of a great success story, as Under Armour builds and grows their footwear legacy.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead product engine from the design side, partnering directly with design leadership.
- Manage large scale projects and processes.
- Develop and execute clear and detailed sketches, technical packages and BOMs
- Partner with design leadership to drive concepts for apparel and overall product conceptualization including material, trim and color.
- Ensure that designs meet category price point and target margin
- Lead creation of seasonal category content and milestone deliverables
- Partner directly with product and merch leads to deliver appropriate global assortment.
- Present as design lead at category and seasonal milestone meetings; design check points, style design review, color review.
- Passion every day to design compelling and cutting-edge product.
- Passionate about Sport and Culture
- Great teammate, motivated and passionate about bringing others along
- Positive attitude and energy.
- Collaborator with a skill in connecting the dots
- Speaks up with courage for self and the team
- Open minded, good listener, receptive to candid feedback and diverse points of view
- Strong presentation skills
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize tasks and to successfully meet multiple deadlines
- Contribute and align to shared team culture and behaviors
- Lead partnerships beyond the Design function (Marketing, Engineering, Development, etc)
- BA, BFA or BS in Industrial Design
- 7+yrs experience designing and developing innovative footwear and other products.
- Knowledge of form, color, materials, human factors, related to elevating the consumer experience
- Expert Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Working knowledge of 3D software is a plus
- Must be able to create accurate 2D technical drawings
- Strong sketching, illustration, and rendering skills
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials
- Must be able to generate a broad range of concepts and solutions for each project
- Hand prototyping skills are a plus
- Experienced with presentation programs: Keynote, Powerpoint, Acrobat, etc