Sr Designer, Global Concepts - Calvin Klein
The Sr Designer is responsible for managing the initial development of our global concepts & color stories and overseeing the workflows of the concept-to-consumer design process
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Works with SVP to develop concepts & stories that align with the brand direction.
- Partners with the Design Leads from each product category to ensure synergy in concept development.
- Collaborates with vendors, artists, freelancers, with the required skill-sets necessary to bring newness and relevancy to concept development
- Leads preparation for seasonal presentations and meets all calendar deadlines and milestones, while working with the collective Global Design team.
- Works with SVP to research and produce concept vision
- Leads any required concept fittings and works closely with tech team on sample execution.
- Seeks innovation through vintage research, market research, fabric innovation and on-line research.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years of experience with extensive experience in fashion design
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe experience a must.
Education:Bachelor’s Degree in design
- Good sense of color is required.
- Textile technical knowledge a plus
- Excellent time management, Strong communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to establish good relationships with key parties and department staff.
- Flexibility to travel.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant’s current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH