sr. Designer, Men's Footwear
New York, NY, USAPosted 19 hours ago
Company presentationCoach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive.
Job descriptionThe Senior Designer, Men's Footwear and Women's and Men's sneakers is responsible for developing ideas and executing product design in line with the conceptual direction for a season. They partner with individuals internal and external to Coach in Merchandising, Quality, Product Development, Materials Development, Licensing and our third party licensing partner.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Design to...
- Create and develop sketches and product prototypes throughout the conceptual design process. Partner to refine seasonal concept, lasts, materials, hardware, and color palette.
- Work with developmental partners to execute designs; partner with factories to ensure design and quality standards are met.
- Responsible for timeline adherence; ensure all designs documentation for casual and sport footwear are delivered to development partners on time; ensure all prototypes are available for product presentation and finalization.
- Participate in seasonal assortment edits with the Merchandising and Licensees.
- Responsible for ensuring the design integrity is met throughout the entire product development process from concept through manufacturing.
- Actively participate in weekly Category Team Meetings with partners to ensure the timely and high quality execution of the product and creative vision.
- Manage and develop high performing team members.
Profile- Ability to sketch both technical drawings and freeform sketches and renderings, and use Adobe design programs like Photoshop, Illustrator or In Design.
- Experience in developing product directly with factories; understanding development from concept through manufacturing.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams.
An outstanding professional will have...
- 7-10 years of experience in footwear design with proven abilities in casual and sport shoe categories required.
- Bachelor's degree in Design or Design related field preferred.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.