Sr. Designer - Paid Marketing
Senior Designer, Paid Marketing
This role will design, concept, and deliver creative assets for paid marketing from start to finish – including stills and video.
The ideal senior designer is a hands-on creative with an excellent sense of typography and photo direction, attention to detail, strong conceptual skills, and an expert understanding of paid marketing channels.
- Under the guidance of the art director, develop and execute creative concepts for paid digital and social content across multiple platforms (especially Instagram and TikTok). Ensure and maintain the highest quality of Madewell’s brand aesthetic for all creative assets.
- Leverage expertise in paid marketing and trends to execute always-on assets, as well as quarterly campaign assets that deliver on goals. Research, explore, and present new concepts and executions to keep Madewell’s paid social presence relevant and innovative.
- Efficiently work within tight deadlines to manage projects and create accurate, concise, and well-polished creative assets (stills and video) that deliver on the goals from the digital marketing team.
- Repurpose existing photo and video assets to create channel-specific, innovative assets for paid marketing needs.
- Work within processes and the project management tools to streamline approvals and cross-functional alignment.
- Monitor performance and feedback of paid creative assets to refine and iterate upon the creative strategy for paid ads.
- Assist with concept and art direction of photoshoots, working closely with photographers and stylists.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- A degree or equivalent experience in Graphic Design, digital design, or any related fields.
- 4-5 years of professional experience executing creative assets from scratch (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Pinterest), as well as display and video paid ads.
- Critical thinker, great communicator with can-do attitude: the ideal candidate will brainstorm and develop creative concepts for photo and video shoots, and the post-production phase
- Effective communication and presentation skills to interact with the internal Madewell team and outside partners
- Impeccable attention to detail and quality assurance
- Strong prioritization, time management, and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of the target audience, industry trends, and platform nuances
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms, MS Office, basic understanding of HTML, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Understanding of paid metrics; able to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness
- Photography / videography skills are preferred, and animation and video editing skills are a bonus
- Comfortable with production-related work (editing photos, resizing to fit on social platforms, creating templates to work with, etc.)
- This role will be 20% concepting / 80% design and execution