Sr. Designer - Print Production
Centered in vibrant city of Denton, conveniently down the street from the University of North Texas and Texas Women’s University, is the corporate headquarters of Sally Beauty Holdings. We are the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies and are welcoming applications for a dynamicSr. Designer - Print Producation.“At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find beauty in YOU. Join us.”
The Senior Designer - Print Production r translates marketing strategy into compelling, performance-driving creative for use in all media, with a strong focus on digital, video, photography. This person is a key team leader, collaborator, innovator, problem solver. The SCM is a brand steward and talent developer, motivating and guiding designers through fast-paced, all-media projects that adhere to Marketing and Brand strategy.
- Works underneath Creative Director of Store Design and Branded environments to help bring 2D signage to life within multiple storefront variations. Considers the entirety of the store in terms of wayfinding and signage when designing to ensure that the environment is cohesive and easily legible. Helps design window storefronts and promotional areas based on overall omnichannel concept direction that are fun, inspiring, decipherable and executable.
- Thinks strategically about how to simplify communications with compelling graphics that generate leads and drive traffic. Creates impactful short-form and long-form content that captures attention and sparks imagination. Manages development of style guides and toolkits for use by internal creative team and vendors. Protects the integrity of design aesthetics & brand image through graphic design & strong collaboration with partners.
- Understands the print production process, especially from an in-store perspective. This includes understanding how to build and create 2D print-ready files, create and help present powerpoint decks that showcase new launches in-store, releasing files to the vendor, and helping to ensure that the designs are within budget.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners such as field marketing, campaign creation, copy, merchants, and project managers in order to ensure clarity on goals and that project deliverables are well executed, on brand, on brief, and delivered on time.
- Keep up to date with design and in-store innovation, work with team to consistently push design and provide innovative ideas to help the brand evolve.
- Bachelor’s degree or related digital graphic arts degree with relevant portfolio of work demonstrating proven success leading the design of creative across multiple digital platforms including e-commerce, mobile, digital, motion graphics, video content etc.
- Minimum 6+ years of omnichannel retail experience, including photo/video. Fashion and beauty retail experience is preferred
- Ability to translate consumer research and insights into effective creative design
- Experience leading and planning photo and video productions, partnering with producers, photographers, prop stytlists, retouchers, and video editors to ensure execution aligns with the concept, and oversee finishing of all assets.
- Strong working knowledge of brand development, the creative process, and integrated marketing, including broadcast, video, digital and print.
- Proven mentoring, management, and team-building skills.
- Experience hiring, onboarding, training new team members
- Working closely with Leadership Team to help nurture and grow the team
- Ability to provide clear art direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep deliverables on time and on budget.
- Composure in a fast-paced and frequently-changing environment with the patience to maintain clear communication when requests change
- Remain current in current design tools and trends
- Be creative and bring a fresh perspective while working within the brand and project parameters
- Understand how to appeal to diverse cultural markets
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem-solving, communications, and relationship-building skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others to creatively and strategically solve problems, under quick deadlines.
- Expert knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Prepare files for delivery in proper formats for digital channels, often troubleshooting prior to releasing final art.
- Ensures that all files related to assigned projects are in the proper place within the SBH servers for future access.
- Resourceful, adaptable, dependable, collaborative
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task with accuracy, and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Must be able to handle critique diplomatically, turning feedback into edits that create strong content
- High proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Mac proficient, MS Office programs
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of SBH may take advantage of our in house salon with complementary services and a varied selection of food options at our corporate campus. Also, featured at our corporate campus, is both a Sally Beauty and CosmoProf Professional onsite store, where associates enjoy a great merchandise discount!
At SBH, We Remain Committed To Protecting The Health And Safety Of All Our Customers And Associates And Maintain The Following COVID-19 Precautions
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Remote interview process
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.