Sr Designer, Responsible Design, F&B
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 400,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Management & Product Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Design team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new materials and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their design and quality for the price? Then you’ll have success on our Design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands, from apparel to home goods, and beauty to essentials. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you’ll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.You Will Be Accountable For And Lead The PD&D Design And Development Processes, Which Includes
As a Sr Designer, you’ll be accountable for and lead Owned Brand Product Design and Development with direction from design leaders to achieve overall product design strategy and merchant objectives. You will design lines for a category, brand, business or guest segment utilizing your proficiency/expertise in product design and development.
- Diligent approach to workload, maintaining good, timely communication with internal and external partners
- Drive and lead product research and design
- Being an industry expert; able to forecast category, brand, business or guest segment trends
- Globally shop markets to identify category, brand, business or guest segment trends and travel to factories for development and execution of programs
- Mentor Associate Designers and Designers and enables collaboration among the larger team
- You will be expected to drive and lead;
- Concepts, select color stories and develop fabrics, prints, trim and graphics.
- Brand cohesion; partner with peers across the division to ensure continuity.
- Product designs to support merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
- Collaboration with technical designers and sourcing partners to identify, troubleshoot and resolve product issues.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About You
- Four-year degree in Design, Fine Art, or similar area, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8+ years of experience
- Computer design system skills including Illustrator and Photoshop
- Advanced understanding of textiles, garment construction/fit or raw materials & product production
- Commercial sense, market knowledge, ability to research and apply market/trend information
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Ability to respond to business objectives with creative, innovative, and cost-effective design solutions
- Knowledge of product development processes
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.