sr Designer, Women’s Denim - Calvin Klein
A career at PVH offers an exciting role at one of the largest apparel companies in the world. We are looking for talented people to be a part of our team and help us build upon our 135+ year history.
Job descriptionPOSITION SUMMARY:
Sr. Designer- Women's Denim is responsible for developing the Jeans line for Women's apparel under the direction of the Design Director, overseeing all women's bottoms categories for Calvin Klein Jeans alongside the W's Knits/Wovens designers
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Works with Design Director to develop styles that align with the brand direction.
- Partners with the W's Wovens/Knits designers to ensure synergy in design and product development.
- Partners cross-functionally with the North America Merchandising team to maintain style counts that match the merchandising plan.
- Collaborates with vendors, hub teams, and internal sourcing team on bringing newness to product development and meet costing requirement.
- Leads preparation for seasonal presentations and meets all calendar deadlines and milestones, while working with the collective North America Men's Design team.
- Works with Concept Director to research and produce concept vision
- Leads fittings and works closely with tech team on sample execution.
- Seeks innovation through vintage research, market research, fabric innovation and on-line research.
ProfileQUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years design experience in womenswear with specific focus on denim
- Experience within a denim/jeans business is a must
- Familiarity with denim washes, construction, fabrications, and treatments
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe experience a must.
Bachelor's Degree in design
- Good sense of color is required.
- Textile technical knowledge a must.
- Excellent time management, Strong communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to establish good relationships with key parties and department staff.
- Flexibility to travel.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH