Sr. Designer, Women's Footwear
Reef was born in 1984 out of an idea by entrepreneur brothers from South America, Fernando and Santiago Aguerre. They founded Reef with a love for the beach, surfing, and a passion to create high-quality products to fit their active lifestyles. Now more than 35 years later, Reef is the global footwear and apparel brand that connects us to the fun freedom, and spirit of the beach.
Reef draws on the spirit of the beach to offer instant comfort, style, and versatility for the core surfers and beach lovers alike. Designing casual footwear and apparel that combines function and fashion with technology and eco-friendly materials.
As an organization, Reef is comprised of a diverse group of beach enthusiasts, surfers, artists, and innovators all driven by the same passion and relentless spirit of our founders. That same spirit is what attracts some of the greatest surfers in the world like Mick Fanning, Rob Machado and Mason Ho to be our Ambassadors, partners and design consultants.
As an industry leader, Reef is committed to setting the standard for environmentally and socially responsible innovation and outreach. We are committed to the environment through our design and production by the use of water based glues, recycled materials, and other low-environmental impact materials, along with our support of activist organizations like the Surfrider Foundation. As a company, we encourage and empower our employees and brand advocates to give back and make an impact.
Start your journey at Reef.
Job Summary:The Sr. Designer, Women’s Footwear will design and create footwear under the Women’s Sandals category at REEF. Your goal will be to partner with the Women's Sandals Design team, under the direction of the Footwear Design Director, to implement key strategies, concepts and projects. You will work closely with the Development and Product Management teams to resolve seasonal color stories, graphics, tech packages and merchandising stories.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The position will be required to work a hybrid schedule meaning 3 days in-office and the remaining workdays remotely.
- Work with the Design Director and Women’s Creative Director to create a meaningful connection between Reef’s target female consumer and the brand vision, design language, and product direction.
- Design a diverse range of women’s specific footwear, from sport to casual.
- Create clear and detailed tech packages for complex footwear constructions including blueprints, CAD’s and material requests.
- Oversee, manage and mentor direct report(s). Act as a mentor and teacher to less experienced designers on staff.
- Lead presentations with strong verbal and visual execution.
- Travel with the team to overseas factories in China, sales meetings, select trade shows, and significant retail regions/districts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or relevant field.
- Minimum 10 years’ footwear design experience.
- Knowledgeable in current cultural, fashion, footwear and related trends; ability to apply them appropriately.
- Comprehensive knowledge of sandal design and constructions. Experienced in creating tech packages and blueprints for highly complex footwear.
- Ability to efficiently communicate in sketch form and respond to questions from management and other employees of the organization.
- Practical experience in the field of design.
- Highly motivated, a team player and motivated self-starter.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Interested in beach fashions and lifestyle.
- Ability to travel to Asia for 1-2 trips per year, required.
- Proficient in Mac OS, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop applications.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be able to carry, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The salary range for this position is $125,000– $140,000.
- The final offer amount will be determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise, and impacted area, and may vary from the amount above. This range also does not represent additional compensation benefits.