Sr. Digital Designer
maurices is a women’s apparel retailer that celebrates feel good fashion for real life. It’s committed to its service with style promise and offering affordable fashion that takes women from workday to weekend and all of life’s adventures in between. With inclusive sizing from 0-24, maurices is famous for its versatile styles including key categories such as denim, dresses, tops, and more. Established in 1931, maurices operates 935 stores in communities across North America. Discover even more fashion at maurices.com.
Ready to apply? We currently have an opportunity for a Sr. Digital Designer to join our team located at our Corp Remote Locations-maurices-Duluth, MN 55802.
Ready to help bring feel good fashion for real life™ to hometowns across North America? Join our family of amazing individuals in our corporate office in Duluth, Minnesota, ranked one of the Top 100 Best Places to Live in 2019. Since 1931, we’ve helped women look and feel their best every day — making maurices not only a special place to shop, but a great place to work and connect. Apply today!
Position OverviewThe Senior Digital Designer develops and executes online creative campaigns and initiatives in support of the Sr Art Director and the digital and copy teams. This role will be very hands on, supporting all web-based projects for marketing and ecommerce initiatives. The ideal candidate must have solid problem-solving abilities, strong communication skills, and the ability to translate traditional ad campaign messages into all digital mediums. You are a person who shows passion, optimism and drive—able to leverage your experience to move forward without always having all the answers.
This position can be located in Duluth, MN or can be REMOTE.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Partner with writers, developers and strategists to create compelling product stories and promotional content for email and site.
- Design, lead and develop weekly website homepages and emails with a focus on mobile and responsive design first.
- Bring strong understanding of customer needs and user journey into design solutions.
- Design and develop creative promotional campaign materials to support time sensitive marketing initiatives.
- Work with the team to ensure projects are on time, within brand specifications and standards are consistently met.
- Seek out opportunities to learn and stay current with latest tools, technology, styles and graphic trends and share them with the rest of the design team.
- Prepare files for web production and hand off to development team
- Share ideas and best practice advice with members of the digital design team.
- Work closely in partnership with Sr Art Director to support digital creative campaigns to ensure digital designs meet the proposed project needs.
- Develop, improve, and propose new initiatives and ideas to elevate the site on a consistent basis
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design and/commensurate experience.
- 5+ years of related experience in graphic design, within a fashion retail environment with a portfolio demonstrating solid typography, graphic hierarchy, and digital layout skills.
- An in-depth knowledge of appropriate usage of the latest versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge, image optimization for web, and other web authoring/motion graphic tools and HTML.
- Must have online advertising experience creating web graphics, animations, user interfaces, icons, style sheets, color schemes, and templates and layouts.
- Strong knowledge of social platform APIs (Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and Twitter) as well as experience working with various online ad design specs and paid media requirements.
- Experience in ecommerce platforms & CMS tools
- Complete understanding of web browser capabilities and user interaction.
- Possess flexibility to adapt and thrive in a rapidly evolving, fast paced work environment.
- Have strong workflow management and communication skills as well as demonstrated success collaborating with multi-functional teams.
Corp Remote Locations-maurices-Duluth, MN 55802
Position TypeRegular/Full time
Equal Employment OpportunityThe Company is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified people at all levels. It is our policy in all personnel actions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law. We do not discriminate in any of our employment policies and practices. All associates are expected to follow these principles in all relationships with other associates, applicants, or others with whom we do business.