Sr. Director North American Logistics - PVH Corp.
The Senior Director North American Logistics is a lead role in cross functional collaboration and partnership in assessing and establishing future processes while maximizing efficiencies throughout the N.A supply chain. This role will provide key leadership in defining strategies that will impact multiple department work streams and will develop, analyze and optimize current and future processes within the North American Supply Chain. Key focuses for this role will include negotiating and implementing contractual agreements across all modes of transportation, 3PL’s and multi-mode carriers, for air, ocean and ground freight movements for all North American Retail and Wholesale product. Therefore this role has a critical impact on the North American retail/wholesale business from both an operations and budget perspective.
This will include but not be limited to; negotiating and implementing air,ocean and ground contractual agreements with North American carriers, 3PLs transloaders, Retail network Hubs, Truckload and LTL service providers. Securing carrier capacity on a consistent basis. Managing operations along with Freight invoicing auditing and payment responsibilities to a set financial budget. Managing SAP financials and daily operations. In addition, the Senior Director will be responsible for managing and maintaining transportation milestone data to facilitate the projection of serviceability.
Job Responsibilities/Accountabilities of the Job:
- Drive business transformation through cross functional partnership at a Brand and corporate level as it relates to the transit of all North American product.
- Lead & collaborate with senior level management in CK, TH, Heritage brands as well as PVH DC’s, Logistics Services and Accounts Payable with forcasting, volume projections, cost allocation and sourcing strategies to ensure efficiencies and projected business objectives are achieved.
- Influence diverse multi level stakeholders to drive results for CK, TH and Heritage brands to ensure that the North American transportation spend as well as product flow is optimzed.
- Perform complex and detailed analysis of key supply chain data points to ensure that PVH transit and cost objectives are achieved.
- Ensure data integrity across key logistics and financial systems including GTNexus, SAP, ArcBest web portal and CTLogistics – this includes the critical data tables on those systems.
- Directs and maintains daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s including carrier service levels, carrier reporting and invoice compliance, driver and equipment capacity levels and measures that impact to freight spend.
- Follow security protocols for all North American transportation touch points. Establish and document of program guidelines, make changes to coordinating the continuous education of key staff within PVH. This includes visiting 3PL facilities, trucking breakbulk terminals and Hub carriers in order to validate security compliance.
- Mitigate and file freight claims, partner with Risk Managment and Corporate Finance.
- Maintain the North American routing guide to assure right size to mode optimization of shipments to control cost.
- Manage the quarterly and year end movement of carrier defaulted Wholesale shipments to assure Corporate financial budgets are meet.
- Manage the overall transportation spend of approx $100,000,000 and ensures fiscally responsible decisions are made.
- Leads projects and change initiatives for North American Transportation including all work related to the Power Plans.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 8 - 15 years of related experience
- 10+ years North American Transportation experience across all modes (7 plus years in a managerial position) Background in apparel and footwear preferred.
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Advanced Degree in Transportation/Logistics or Supply Chain preferred
- Ability to leverage SAP, CTLogistics (3rd Party Freight Audit and pay application), ArcBest web portal (3rd Party vendor routing system) and InforNexus (3rd Party Supply Chain application) to manage freight budget and ensure PVH remains within stated credit terms.
- Ability to analyze internal and external data sources to generate per LB freight calculations and determine the effect on those calculations from changes in the supply chain
- Understanding of global geography, economics and politics and their impacts on Supply Chain
- Expertise in the latest Federal Transportation laws and regulations and international security procedures as established by Federal governments and Border Protection
- Strong Management and Interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Analytical abilities and precise attention to details
- Ability to focus, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent leadership ability as this position provides direction to a large team of associates
Travel Required:Monthly travel to the PVH Reading, Pennsylvania office required
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant’s current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH