Sr eCommerce Buyer
We awaken the spirit of freedom and adventure by connecting boardriders around the world. We are the world’s leading action sports and lifestyle company with a global portfolio of brands. We’re a team of 7,500 like-minded souls protecting what we love. The smell of the ocean. The sounds of the city you know so well. The perfect slope. The perfect wave. The perfect game. Ultimate freedom.
We lead with integrity and passion, we build an inclusive community, we protect our playgrounds and we play to win.
We are Quiksilver, Billabong, Roxy, RVCA, DC Shoes, Element, VonZipper, Honolua. We are BOARDRIDERS.
“Boardriders is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including: Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans”
As the Senior Buyer with the eCommerce team you will be responsible for all aspects of the buying process for one of our legendary brands. You will manage a multi-million dollar OTB, manage the in-season process of recognizing opportunity for speed to market product, inventory flow, sales and inventory analysis and markdown determination. You are the engine to the success of the eCommerce platform
In this senior level position, you will have the opportunity to manage an Associate Buyer and develop your leadership skills. Additionally, you will be the voice of eCommerce for your brand and act as an advocate for the consumer within the brand. In this highly visible position, you will be exposed to all levels of leadership within the business and provided the opportunity to showcase your expertise
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 5-9 years retail buying or planning experience, ideally in apparel / specialty retail
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- A strong understanding of financial metrics and can make recommendations on how to drive the business based on sales, history & market trends for current and go forward seasons.
- An Understanding of competitive set, including pricing, style & key messaging and uses knowledge to make sound recommendations for departments
- The ability to identify current and future trends in the marketplace and competition
- The ability to reprioritize projects frequently
- Strong financial acumen
- Previous eCommerce experience is preferred