Sr. Finance Manager, Transportation and Planning
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable, and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental, or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories, and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
The focus of this role is cost forecasting and performance reporting as it relates to our dream fulfillment centers and the support process to run the cloud in the closet. You’ll be the day-to-day point of contact and partner with the VP of Transportation’s team and groups across the company, in order to understand trends, forecast future spend, and measure performance with strong attention to detail. By way of first-class management reporting, operations planning, diligent analyses, and strategic modeling, you will play a key role in partnering with the business and informing team members of actual and projected performance in our fulfillment operations. You will provide insight into key variances, and analyze business trends, changes, and new initiatives in a fast-paced and highly collaborative, cross-functional environment. As the operations expand, you’ll continue to iterate the modeling and financial forecasting to provide leading insights into operating and financial performance as well as continued opportunities for improvement.
What You’ll Do:
- Build financial models that will enable senior leadership to make effective decisions about the company’s cost base and revenue projections
- Present, analyze, and interpret relevant financial data to senior Transportation, Technology, Operations, and Finance leadership - partnering closely with key leaders to impact strategic business decisions
- Track and report on performance relative to budget and forecast through detailed variance analysis
- Manage ongoing rolling weekly and monthly forecast updates for the network, including cost analysis for carrier planning, service mix, and 3PL management, capital expenditures, and other Operations-related expenses
- Collaborate with operating and data science teams and provide fact-based recommendations that support targets and improve profitability, operating efficiency, and effectiveness
- Be responsible for identifying and leading key initiatives that drive efficiencies, savings, and process reliability within the finance and accounting functions
- Assisting in the upgrade of reporting standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement and liaison with the various business departments
- Functioning effectively in an especially fast-paced start-up operating environment, managing time effectively to address high priority items in a timely manner
- Assisting in the preparation of materials for Board of Director meetings
- 7+ years of financial or controllership experience with a degree in finance, accounting or statistics
- You have a strong financial and analytical background having supported the Operations and/or Transportation function in a Finance or FP&A capacity
- You are proficient in financial analysis and model building
- You have strong attention to detail, can synthesize large volumes of information, and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- You maintain and continue to develop your skills in reporting and analysis using tools like Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau, and SQL.
- You have grown your skillset to use Python, R, or other analytical tools to automate processes.
- You work well with a breadth of support functions including engineering, operations, customer service, transportation, accounting, and data science to package and evaluate financial performance.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA, and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company-wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.