Sr. Graphic Apparel Designer – Hco Womens
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
A&F Apparel Graphic Designers bring our brands to life through layout, typography, color, and overall great graphic design. They develop seasonal graphic concepts for a range of apparel categories and develop cutting edge print and technique graphics in each brand’s handwriting. Collaborating with merchants and apparel designers, Apparel Graphic Designers bring our apparel to life through their trend right graphics.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Developing seasonal graphic concepts for a range of apparel categories while managing multiple product seasons
- Taking a deep dive into the global customer mindset through market, field & relevant social research
- Developing cutting edge print and technique graphics in each brand’s handwriting
- Exploring and researching emerging trends in the global market to deliver product that is aligned with the customer and market landscape
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams with an action-oriented, positive and proactive mindset
- Presenting artwork and communicating vision to senior leadership as relevant to customer needs and market trends
- Managing design workflow and deadlines within a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or Illustration, or related experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in graphic design, preferably for a global retailer.
- A portfolio is required with application. This must showcase strong design skills in color theory, composition, and concept development as well as excellent typography skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Passion for the A&F brands, the role, and an interest in specialty retail
- Solid technical skills with an impeccable taste level and eye for color
- Ability to identify and interpret relevant fashion trends into the brand handwriting
- A strong curiosity and confidence to push boundaries and bring new ideas to the table
- Ability to be highly organized and detail-oriented with the agility to work on multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced, structured environment
- A strong work ethic with the ability to multitask and thrive under accelerated deadlines and shifting deliverables
- A team-player mentality with an openness to receive and execute feedback
- A positive and collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners to achieve the vision of the brand
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate confidently and professionally
- Desire to learn & hunger for more!
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
Our ValuesWe lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
Our BrandWould you jump at the chance to be part of reinventing one of the world’s most recognizable brands? At A&F, we’re on a mission to inspire our customers to be confident, feel comfortable, and face their fierce. Our goal is to create relevant products and brand experiences that allow our customers to define the narrative of their own stories. We approach the work week with a long weekend mindset: free from stress and with time well spent, we can realize our full potential.
What You'll GetAs an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off and Work From Anywhere Flexibility
- Paid Volunteer Day per Year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Merchandise Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Associate Assistance Program
- Paid Parental and Adoption Leave
- Access to Carrot to support your unique parenthood journey
- Access to Headspace dedicated to creating healthier, happier lives from the inside out
- 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Opportunities for Career Advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- A Global Team of People Who'll Celebrate you for Being YOU
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER