Sr. Manager Site Experience and Personalization
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”About The Team
Revenue at Rent the Runway is a high visibility, fast-paced, strategic team within the Consumer Org responsible for setting the revenue goals and key business metrics for the company. We are stewards of creating and growing a successful, revenue generating, scalable business. We are tasked with monitoring performance and unlocking new opportunities to hit goals and drive growth. We partner closely with cross-functional teams such as Marketing and Product to influence roadmaps and strategies and to ensure impactful execution of revenue initiatives.About The Job
Rent the Runway is looking for aSenior Manager
to lead digital merchandising and personalization across the user experience. You should be a self-starter with immense curiosity and strong analytical skills as well as an interest and/or background in e-commerce and direct-to-consumer sales. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work as a high-impact individual contributor in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and data conscious environment. In this role, you are directly contributing to the company’s success by identifying, crafting, and analyzing solutions to our site experience across site merchandising, personalization, product discovery, and revenue. Your work will help ensure that Rent the Runway’s shopping experience reinforces inventory selection as our competitive advantage and value proposition of an endless closet that can save you time getting dressed.What You’ll Do
- Develop and own a cohesive digital merchandising experience that establishes the right balance between data and curation to drive engagement, loyalty, and conversion
- Establish metrics of success and monitoring across user experience for personalization, site merchandising and product discovery
- Identify technical gaps in site experience today and build roadmap and vision for ideal experience in partnership with engineering and machine learning
- Ensure the appropriate data is collected and tools are built to support the merchandising and personalization teams to operate efficiently, serve as business stakeholder with machine learning team
- Build and run tests on navigation, filters, home page placements, grids and carousels to improve conversion and retention
- Build and forge strong connections with Data/Analytics, Marketing, Fashion, and Product functions within RTR to be a driver and executor of strategies within the Revenue today and broader cross functional consumer organization
- 7+ years work experience, with preference for ecommerce, consumer tech companies, or fashion brands /retailers with online revenue business
- Experience working with machine learning teams and personalization algorithms
- Experience working with CMS
- Ability to run independent analyses and access data via looker to perform those analyses
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Looker and/or Tableau
- You have excellent interpersonal, listening, and communication skills - you can use verbal and written communication to express ideas clearly, and succinctly, including slide composition.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.