sr Manager, Strategic Sourcing- Distribution
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the Role
In this role, you will partner with our brands & corporate functions across the globe, to continuously drive value across Non-Merchandise categories. You will establish, analyze, and refine the business's procurement strategy ensuring alignment with business goals. Make certain we Do The Right Thing as an organization by optimizing our purchasing power, building and maintaining strategic vendor relationships, and contract management.
What You'll Do
- Drive cost optimization, excellence in sourcing capabilities and minimize risk
- Facilitate contract negotiations/RFP process and category reviews
- Establish and maintain effective business partnerships with vendors and functional areas to maximize financial strategy
- Provide insight into industry trends, market intelligence, and supplier development
- Build cross functional partnerships and consensus
- Influence strategy for area/team
Who You Are
- Ability to successfully partner across varied functions and levels with senior internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results and influence change
- Develop category knowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills to influence egotiate the overall sourcing process
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
- Sound knowledge of concepts and procedures specific to own subject area and a basic understanding of the procedures in other relevant areas