sr. Manager, User Experience Design
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy's has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's, Inc.
The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. Macy's is the largest NYC based digital retailer and has driven more than ten consecutive years of double-digit growth. We're building a new type of customer-centric shopping experience - at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology - to help customers find and buy products they love. Do you want to collaborate with a smart and talented team in a fun work environment? This is a unique opportunity to join an established company that is investing in development and growing digital business at scale. Gain first-hand experience defining the future of online and physical commerce. With a constant influx of exciting and challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office. We also offer many roles with the freedom to build and lead a team. Join Macy's Digital to grow your career and help shape the future of an iconic brand.
As a Senior Manager within the User Experience team (UX), your strategic leadership will guide and influence how teams build new experiences, share common capabilities, and explore new solutions to scale innovation in an omnichannel view. Our UX team is made up of designers, content strategists, and UX researchers working together to unify and evolve the Macy's and Bloomingdale's digital products.
We collaborate closely with product and engineering partners across the organization to scale high-quality experiences across web and native platforms. As part of this team, you'll have a strategic voice in envisioning, delivering, and continuously pushing the future of our shopping products to create cohesive cross-brand experiences at every touchpoint.
- Be an influencing voice in setting the strategic roadmap for the Macy's shopping journey products
- Contribute to the creation of a compelling customer experience vision, strategy, and define success metrics for related initiatives
- Bring a systemic point of view to problem solving, yet you know how to isolate specific design issues and opportunities
- Champion appropriate usage and growth of design systems
- Conducting industry analysis (identifying market and design trends)
- Transform business problems into user experience opportunities, ultimately designing, testing and launching usable, useful and delightful solutions
- Structure's customer research in partnership with the User Research team
- Mentor teams on synthesizing insights in complex problem spaces
- Create communication materials using storytelling and persuasion techniques that build trust with partners and establish long-term relationships
- Manage, recruit, and create an environment for team effectiveness, setting clear goals, defining career paths, and creating development opportunities
- Lead the shaping of an inclusive, innovative, candid and trusting culture in your team
- Foster a collaborative environment among team members and across the broader experience design organization
- MFA, BFA, or BS in Human Factors, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent related professional experience
- 3+ years of management experience: hiring, developing, and leading diverse and inclusive teams, and positively inspiring others to do their best work
- 7+ years of experience in web, native mobile, product, graphic, interaction, content, and/or information design
- Proficient and experienced in the scale and implementation of digital design systems
- You aren't limited by device or platform, and are well-versed in responsive web and native mobile design
- In-depth knowledge of design principles and experience simplifying complex systems
- Able to balance methodological rigor with a healthy sense of urgency and scrappiness
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around facility or department
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs