Sr. Manager, Visual Creative - Apparel
The Visual Creative Senior Manager will drive sales, profit and an extraordinary customer experience by leading and developing strategies that bring to life merchant initiatives and store theater through creating and communicating compelling visual presentations that support a family of business. As the senior manager, you will be a strategic partner to GBM and DBMs for a family of business and will be the CEO for bringing fashion, style and trend strategies to life in stores. A problem-solver with a global mindset who can identify opportunities to drive execution and customer engagement in stores through compelling in-store presentations. Lead internal visual communications and provide direction to store teams on how to interpret and implement initiatives based on business opportunities, architecture, traffic flow and a balance of art and science.
- Lead team through creative process to conceptualize and design all visual merchandising components for specific family of business.
- In partnership with Fashion Office provided style and fashion inspiration on a monthly and seasonal cadence. Leverage own knowledge and curiosity for current fashion, styling and trends along with a passion for creating an inspiring customer experience. Utilize latest technologies, industry trends and research to source new presentation concepts.
- Support the field structure by providing coaching, training and feedback to ensure product knowledge, visual execution and standards are implemented to Macy’s brand standards.
- Build strong working relationship with internal cross-functional business partners and external business partners. Collaborate with Marketing, Fashion Office, Merchants and Vendor Partners on overall direction to capture fashion, trend, Holiday campaigns and gift-giving events.
- Communicate and manage all timelines, deliveries and installations which includes interfacing and coordination between both internal and external partners.
- Manage and maintain cost controls for budget of each project.
- Develop and nurture a growth mindset supporting the evolution of Macy’s culture through active mentoring and coaching across the organization.
- Create and foster career development and growth paths for direct report team members in alignment with company and personal objectives, building upon experience and passions to realize talent potential.
- Assist direct reports and align cross-functional business partners with ongoing prioritization and resource allocation to ensure that the crucial business initiatives are delivered.
- We encourage candidates with either a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a related field to apply.
- 5-7 years relevant experience preferred. Proven experience in creating/ designing store presentations and understanding space utilization.
- 5+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience in sourcing and collaborating with high quality vendors for props, displays and pop-up environments.
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
- Results-driven with a strong sense of urgency and excellent follow-through.
- Demonstrate flexibility, creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, SketchUp and Excel
- Must have a strong understanding of the retail market, visual merchandising principles in relation fashion, trend and customer experience.
- Ability to read, write and interpret instruction documents, communication packets, and procedure manuals.
- Must have a strong interest and curiosity for design, art, interiors, theater, graphic design, etc.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to independently organize multiple projects and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
This position may be eligible for performance-based incentives/bonuses. Benefits include 401k, medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance options, PTO accruals, Holidays, and more. Eligibility requirements may apply based on location, job level, classification, and length of employment. Additional benefit details are available at macysJOBS.com.