Sr. Merchandise Planner
Create a healthier, brighter future for pets, pet parents and people!
If you want to make a real difference, create an exciting career path, feel welcome to be your whole self and nurture your wellbeing, Petco is the place for you.
Our core values capture that spirit as we work to improve lives by doing what’s right for pets, people and our planet.
- We love all pets like our own
- We’re the future of the pet industry
- We’re here to improve lives
- We drive outstanding results together
- We’re welcome as we are
Petco is a category-defining health and wellness company focused on improving the lives of pets, pet parents and Petco partners. We are 29,000 strong, working together across 1,500+ pet care centers, 250+ Vetco Total Care hospitals, hundreds of preventive care clinics, eight distribution centers and two support centers.
Essential Job Functions
- Be the financial and business expert through knowledge of current and future trends in the business/industry and be able to create innovative and efficient solutions to business opportunities and risks
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and initiative to work independently and in cross functional teams (for example – merchandising, inventory management, sourcing, etc.)
- Interact professionally and effectively through excellent written and oral communication skills to all levels of the organization; demonstrate communication and presentation skills, especially to corporate Senior Management
- Be mature, highly motivated, have a professional demeanor, and be capable of working with and/or leading cross-functional teams in an effective and collaborative matter
- Partner with the Director of Planning and Merchandise Business Unit Lead to provide ongoing strategic direction and assure seamless execution of Annual Operating Plans.
- Develop annual financial budgets and in-season forecasts by Department/Class/Brand in collaboration with the CMO (Category Management Organization) partners to include, but not limited to Sales, Margin, Inventory, Turnover, and IMROI goals that reconcile with the total Company
- Provide mentoring, training, and coaching to Planning team
- Partner with Director of Planning in the review process of financial analysis and deliverables from team including providing direction and feedback as necessary
- Demonstrate logical analytical abilities, creative problem-solving skills, and financially sound judgment to deliver conclusions and recommendations to all levels of the organization
Required Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in finance, operations, economics, business, or statistics required.
- 4-8 years of retail planning, inventory management, financial planning or financial analysis experience.
- Strong aptitude for retail math and analysis, ability to work independently in a fast paced retail environment with a strong sense of urgency required.
- Incumbent must have the ability to communicate and influence decisions to profitably drive the business.
- Must have a strong understanding of retail Profit & Loss (P&L), have good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to advance to high levels of computer literacy; exposure to relevant planning, finance, analytical, data management systems - systems used: Oracle Planning, MicroStrategies.
- Identifies/influences critical stakeholders; proactively problem solves and recommends solutions.
- Optimization Mindset - designs and develops models/plans to optimize decisions.
- Built collaborative partnerships cross-functionally; identifies/influences critical stakeholders.
- Understands and executes against business strategy and goals.
- Makes decisions with limited information but also capable to synthesize large quantities of data to drive business decisions.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
$87,100.00 - $130,700.00
Exact rate of pay will be based on position, location, and experience level. For a more detailed overview of Petco Total Rewards, including health and financial benefits, 401K, incentives, and PTO -see https://careers.petco.com/us/en/key-benefits
To translate this webpage to Spanish or other languages on your internet browser click the translate button to the right of your browser address bar. Additional instruction can be found here: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/173424?hl=en-GB&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop
Para Traducir Esta Página Web Al Español u Otros Idiomas En Su Navegador De Internet, Haga Clic En El Botón De Traducción a La Derecha De La Barra De Direcciones De Su Navegador. Puede Encontrar Instrucciones Adicionales Aquí