Sr Merchandise Planner, Fenty Beauty
The role of Sr Planner, Merchandise Planning, is to oversee all aspects of forecasting sales, inventory, and margin for a brand globally. This role is responsible for driving the business forward through end-to-end planning.
- Support overall Brand strategy and execution through rigorous Pre-Season and In-Season sales forecasting, inventory management, promotion & markdown management.
- Oversee the brand forecast on a monthly basis and driving management of in-stock rates in channels, sell-through on limited buys, and identifying risks & opportunities to the sales team.
- Responsible for alignment with regional Kendo offices on monthly channel sales and inventory forecasts
- Manage channel’s financials by developing short term and long-term budgets that are consistent with brand growth plan
- Collaborate with key business partners on ways to mitigate forecast risks and maximize sales opportunities.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with internal and retail partners at all levels.
- Proficient understanding of fundamental business planning and supply chain principles and concepts.
- Execute weekly reporting to help cross-functional teams to analyze the business.
- Maintain a collaborative, innovative and results-oriented environment that aligns with other brand planning teams.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Build confidence and trust across all members of team. Clear, concise communication is key to the success of the brand.
- Manage and/or prepare various analysis and reports to help manage the business.
- Drive structure in planning processes but challenge the status quo by allowing room for new ideas/processes to be proposed. Share best practices with other team members.
- Ability to tell the story through deep analysis and gain buy-in to deliver business objectives across teams
- 5+ years of Inventory or Merchandise Planning experience; wholesale account management experience a plus
- Strong financial acumen: critical understanding of retail math (Comp., Margin, etc.) and how to influence metrics.
- Comfortable learning new planning systems and tools
- Experience managing multiple levels of Open-to-Buy (Top down/Bottoms up)
- Experience working in a multi-channel/country business environment (different currencies, seasonality, etc).
- Experience presenting financials
- Proficiency with MS Office, with advanced Excel skills
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as with cross functional teams.
- Flexible; team player
- Availability to attend conference calls with international markets (early mornings/later evenings) when needed.