Sr. Merchandiser - Retail
The Senior Merchandiser, Retail is a cross-functional collaborator who is responsible for building compelling and productive assortments for the Crocs Retail Stores while supporting revenue and brand goals. This is a highly data-driven role, in charge of identifying and advocating for profitable product needs and market opportunities to influence the global range plan creation, considering stores' capacities. This role supports both owned and partner stores, providing investment and go-to-market guidance, reading and reacting to customer metrics and sales data to ensure assortments that resonate with our customers around the world. We are looking for someone who loves the brand and has a keen consumer's eye!
What You'll Do
- Create and drive productive seasonal Retail assortments that enable regions to deliver their financial KPIs while reflecting the global brand priorities and regional nuances per segment/tier (Full Price / Outlets).
- Build store capacity-based recommendations balancing commercial and brand priorities
- Implement best practices that create a Merchant culture that is data-driven and consumer-focused, enhancing the business with a steadfast focus on key performance indicators.
- Integrate regional merchandising team input on pre-season assortment needs, opportunities and gaps; Communicate ‘voice of the consumer’ feedback to the product team.
- Partner with VM & the digital DTC team to build one omnichannel experience
- Accountable for driving cohesive global windows process: calendar creation, marketing samples ordering & regional hand-off
- Partner with Learning & Development and Category teams to create the “Product Knowledge “material for store associates.
- Collaborate with Global Marketing on product stories, ensure they support key commercial moments
- Analyze global product, consumer, and competitor trends to impact assortment decisions for the channel across the globe
- Partner with Brand Partnerships, Collaborations, and Licensing teams to drive growth initiatives
- Collaborate with Category Management partners in preparation for seasonal milestone meetings
- Provide operational support for go-live calendar
- Lead marketplace reviews and hindsight
- Provide MSRP lessons to cross-functional teams
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind
- Willing to take action: Enjoys working hard, acts quickly, and is full of energy for the things you see as opportunities
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions, based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
- Process Management: good at determining the processes vital to get things done; can simplify sophisticated processes
- Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, and manager
- Quick Learner: Learns quickly when facing problems; a steadfast and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failure for clues to improvement
- Comfortable with Ambiguity: Can optimally cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture
- BA or BS in business, merchandising, or related field.
- 5+ years of Retail Buying or Merchandising. Experience in the apparel/footwear industry is a plus.
- Experience partnering with Visual Merchandising
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Title: Sr. Merchandiser - Retail
Salary or Pay Range: $80,000 - $90,000
Workplace Persona: Collaborator
Pay offered will vary based on job-related factors such as location, experience, training, skills, and abilities.
This position is eligible to participate in a company incentive program.
This position is eligible for company benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision coverage, life and AD&D, short and long-term disability coverage, paid time off, employee assistance, participation in a 401k program that includes company match, and many other additional voluntary benefits.
Job Category: Corporate