Sr. Packaging Designer
The Sr. Packaging Designer is responsible for creating inspiring and innovative exterior package design for Kendo Brands. This position is key to translating our branding message and strategy into compelling external package design.
- Create inspiring, strategic, and innovative ideas for compelling primary and secondary design.
- Review proposed designs with Design Director and VP of Packaging prior to sharing with cross-functional teams to ensure design aesthetics and requirements are met.
- Drive the execution of product branding by developing and managing consistent product and packaging codes across core products, line extensions, seasonal campaigns and promotions.
- Drive package design development for upcoming programs/launches on designated brands. Partner with product development and packaging teams to achieve the highest level of quality for each project- understanding limitations due to timing, costs, etc.
- Own presentation of packaging designs to cross-functional team, including development/completion of 3D renderings and comps.
- Own the translation of approved master creative compositions and lay outs into the various sizes and formats needed for products while maintaining the original creative intent and specs (including dies, bleed, trim, type safety, resolution, color mode); effectively manage files to ensure accessibility for print specs.
- Act as the liaison with Senior Production Artist to ensure artwork is delivered accurately and on-time.
- 5-7 years’ experience in design, and 3 years’ experience in packaging; BA in design preferred.
- Passion for the beauty industry.
- Driven and creative individual with experience developing innovative package design in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight timelines, manage multiple projects and work productively in a team environment are required.
- Very strong organizational skills.
- Experience in creating presentations boards from materials to concepts
- Advanced/Expert Apple computer skills in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, with a specialty within Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.