Sr. Pattern Maker
Overall: Under close supervision, responsible for sewing complete garments from start to finish.
1. Works closely with Designer and / or Product Manager to develop patterns from 1st design to production approval.
2. Determines the best layout of pattern pieces to minimize waste of material, and mark fabric accordingly.
3. Works closely with sample makers to create fit samples.
4. Meets product development deadlines and schedules.
5. Develop production fits through the fit process; working with all development partners and supply chain.
6. Meet Pattern Maker performance criteria.
7. Uphold Chef Works Core Values.
1. High school diploma or equivalent. College level course work in fashion design, pattern making and product development or equivalent experience.
2. Three or more years demonstrated apparel pattern making and technical design experience. Background and experience must include experience with Lectra CAD software.
3. Thorough understanding of pattern-making process & fit/styling on live model.
4. Good verbal and written communication skills.
5. Good organization skills.
6. PC knowledge to include intermediate use of Outlook, Excel and Word.
7. Ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
8. Ability to work in a team environment.
Occasional lifting of 10 pounds or less (less than 15% of the time) generally at waist level, some above/below waist, none above shoulders. Must be able to do seated work at computer or other related machine for extended periods of time. Requires standing up for 10% of the time. Some use of computer required. During fittings, may stand, bend and stoop for short bursts, over longer periods of time (5%).
About the Company:
Chef Works Inc