sr. Product Designer, Website
NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG's brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG's goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG's priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG's Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being "All Heart." NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love - love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners.
Job descriptionAs Senior Product Designer you will be help drive and inform the design strategy, vision and execution across for our websites as we aim to evolve and innovate to provide the ultimate client experience in and out of stores.
solve challenging and complex UX problems, create elegant and intuitive UI and deliver world-class experiences that meet the exacting standards of the modern luxury consumer while growing the business and driving engagement for our websites.
- elegant, data driven, client-focused solutions to pain points, issues and enhancement opportunities through UX (strategy, flows, wireframes, customer experience mapping) and UI visuals (component designs, page elements and interactions).
- Be well versed on the unique possibilities the web can bring - UI/UX trends/features/functionalities and overall experience for customers in an out of stores, while looking to bush the boundaries of what's possible and maximize the opportunities the platform provides.
- Review analytics and data to understand the needs of our clients and produce end-to-end workflows and journeys designed that inform new product features and best deliver results.
- Partner with product, engineering, and business leadership on a product vision and strategy that aligns and inspires our whole build organization and catapults our company toward achieving aggressive business goals
- Collaborate with front end engineering on Design Systems that balance speed and creativity
- Iterate quickly and push to effectively increase output
- Actively contribute to the overall product design roadmap, including design decisions and priorities
- 5+ years of relevant experience in design of digital products that have been released to market, with a proven track record of success
- Bachelor's and/or master's degree in the study of user experience, UI design or related fields
- Excellent organization, communication, facilitation, presentation and interpersonal skills to clearly communicate ideas, concepts, flows and more
- We design and ideate in Figma and FigJam, so expertise in this software is a must, prototyping skills a bonus
- Proven experience delivering end-to-end (from brief to shipping) digital products within a cross-functional team environment with an iterative approach that leverages quantitative and qualitative measurement
- Mastery and ability to guide on user experience design, including usability principles, user research methodology, testing techniques (A/B, Multi-Variant), design theory, and interaction design
- Proactive initiative that identifies problems and acts on opportunities to improve the product offering, as well as taking instruction and working well as part of a team that delivers results quickly but with purpose.
- Strong collaboration skills across disciplines that drive change