Sr. Product Line Manager - Keds
Founded in 1916, Keds® redefined footwear with the introduction of the Champion sneaker. The iconic design was one of the first options to provide women with accessible, fashionable footwear and ignited a style revolution. Over the past 100 years, Keds® have been worn by iconic women such as Audrey Hepburn, Katharine Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Jackie O and Yoko Ono. In 2015, Keds® introduced theLadies First Since 1916platform in over 80 global markets and launched a powerful new era in its history. 2016 marks the brand’s centennial year, celebrating 100 years of fashionable footwear and a passion for female empowerment. At Keds, we’re dedicated to our consumers and proud of our heritage. We are focused on pushing the brand forward in innovative and unexpected ways. We are seeking passionate people to join our collaborative team during a truly momentous year for the brand.
TheSr. Product Line Managersets product strategy for assigned category or categories, working closely with product leadership, demand planning, marketing and finance to execute through commercialization.
- Lead assortment planning with a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape, trend and innovation.
- Present line concepts, Strategic product vision to management, retailers, sales associates and peers at a wide range of formal and informal meetings.
- Evolves the line architecture to match business growth goals and objectives. Works closely with other PLMs, to assure harmony of the product lines.
- Use global insights to create product to strategically open new categories, markets and opportunities.
- Recognizes category’s whitespace opportunities and discusses with brand leadership.
- Balances white space with core business to optimize expansion while mindful of margin and efficiency targets.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 7+ years’ experience in Lifestyle footwear. Global streetwear experience a plus.
- Proven leadership skills with at least 2 years’ experience in leading or influencing a team.
- Proven working knowledge of footwear industry, including technology and product development, materials, trends and the overall marketplace.
- Strong product knowledge and understanding of global markets and competitors.
- Strong business acumen, merchandising and analytical skill sets.
- Exceptional follow-through skills and attention to detail.
- Solid communication skills are required, including the ability to manage strong and effective cross-functional relationships within the organization.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Wolverine Worldwide has a flexible, hybrid work schedule, with three days in office and two days remote.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).