Sr. Product Merchandiser, DTC
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
You get the Dr. Martens brand and are excited to support the Product team in enhancing Dr. Martens’ footprint in the Americas region. You are adept at working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and able to collaborate with a variety of teams both within region and across the globe.
- Own the DTC (Retail and E-com) Merchandising and Product strategy and performance for the Americas Region. This includes product assortment planning, pricing, performance, forecasting, and margin management.
- Plan the seasonal DTC Retail and E-comm range assortment with a focus on franchise management, category growth, sku productivity.
- Work closely with DTC planning partners to analyze the business, offer data informed performance insights, and systematically feed back into future strategic planning for regional product assortment.
- Partner with DTC planning partners to provide seasonal forecasts connected to product strategy that achieve regional financial targets.
- Coordinating regionally and globally with the Retail, E-Com, Marketing and Customer Service teams to capture product data and insights across all channels.
- Interpreting qualitative and quantitative data from across the business and wider industry and actioning, adapting and continuously improving direction based on these findings.
- Communicating the product pipeline, strategies, and other critical information through written, verbal and detailed product presentations to partners both internal and external, including global product launches.
- Managing the product through the Go To Market timelines to ensure targets and goals are achieved for each key deliverable and key stakeholders.
- Working closely with the Senior Director Product Merchandising to implement and monitor plans and procedures for specific seasonal and long-term brand targets, strategic goals to inform future products.
- Conducting and analysing market and consumer research
- Representing the region in communicating regional direction and needs as it pertains to DTC (Retail and E-comm).
- Overseeing all seasonal documentation creation, data formation, and tools.
- Engaging and leading your team with 1-2 direct reports
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals - INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualities:
- 10+ years of related experience required
- DTC background and vertical retail experience preferred, i.e.: buyer, merchandiser
- Vertical retail experience preferred
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, data informed decision making and analytical skills.
- Experience managing, training, developing and mentoring members of a team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, with strong experience using Excel and Power BI.
- Strong presentation and communication skills are essential, must be comfortable speaking publicly to large groups.
- Able to work and influence cross-functionally with multiple teams and to be a thought leader in your area of expertise.
- Strong leadership experience aligning strategy and managing team performance within a rapidly growing and changing business.
- Industry experience required, footwear/apparel.
- You are excited by the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing business and are comfortable implementing new processes and ways of working. You have experience managing change in a business and applying learned best practices to new situations.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
- Ability to work at a standard computer set up 40+ hours per week, with or without accommodations.
- Connection with our Brand, The Stuff that Sets Us Apart and our Fundamental Qualities.
- Bachelor’s degree required
At DMs, technical capability will go hand in hand with the below:
- Great relationship management that delivers results through effective teamwork.
- Be a proud custodian to our DM’s culture, embodying what we stand for and encouraging others to do the same.
- Help build a highly engaged team– ensuring a collaborative culture and providing guidance & support to other team members.
- Take ownership for own development, proactively seeking out feedback to build self-awareness.
- Bring the outside-in; share best practice across the team / business and encourage ideas sharing as well as collaborative problem solving.
- Lead the way and role model on all things DE&I & wellbeing.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the family free pair of docs
- 65% off all docs
- 1:00 PM Friday finish in the summertime
- Amazing Portland based office & rooftop
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Affordable & Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision packages
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth Retirement Savings Plans
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be our best. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Want to know more about working at Dr. Martens? Clickhere!