Sr. Product Merchandiser, Footwear-Inline Men
This role is a part of the Global Product Merchandising Team, which is in charge of driving the product creation vision, strategy, and execution of our global footwear line. The ownership of this team includes translating consumer insights into meaningful product briefs, crafting the line plans, life cycle plans, and assortments to meet our global business needs, and analyzing business results to advise future season strategies!
For Converse, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Converse Senior Product Merchandiser, Footwear understands our consumer, product trends, marketplace opportunities and is an industry leader in crafting the right product merchandising strategy to serve consumers and grow the business. They will blend art with science to bring the Converse vision to life in our physical and digital retail environments to ensure a premium Brand and consumer experience.
Who We Are Looking ForWe're looking for a Senior Product Merchandiser, Footwear- Inline Men’s who will lead the product creation efforts, including line planning and the commercialization of Converse footwear styles. As a conceptual, analytic, and strategic problem solver, they will be responsible for carrying out the product creation, merchandising strategy, from gathering consumers insights, to connecting business and marketplace analytics to inform the product across iconic and technical silhouettes. As a solution oriented, sneaker culture obsessed trailblazer, they will display a solid understanding of street style and a passion for the sneaker industry.
This candidate should have a deep understanding of the footwear industry and the competitive landscape. They will also have proven product management experience and expertise in understanding and interpreting consumer insight and market intelligence to enhance business growth and market share.
Additionally, they should possess strong business orientation, analytical and commercial competence and expertise in interpreting sales data, inventory and sell through to advise real time and future product and assortment strategies and actions.
What You Will Work OnIn collaboration with the Global Product Merchandising team, Geo Merchandising teams and Cross-Functional leaders, you will define the in season and long-term product strategy for Converse’s global product offering across all ways to serve.
If this is you, you'll obsess over the needs of the consumer, informed by deep consumer insights, building and implementing the line plan for the product line that supports the category’s seasonal strategies and delivers growth. You'll work closely with the design and development team managing resources to implement the seasonal product strategies, assortments and business needs. You'll manage the entry of accurate and complete information in the data management system and act as the proprietor of product analysis and historical information. You will build compelling briefs and storytelling for our consumers with your strong product knowledge and deep product experience. You'll drive clarity by balancing the need to seek information with the need to be understood and the ability to communicate effectively in multifaceted settings all while, building and sustaining strong partnerships with key cross functional (Innovation, Creation Triad, Marketing, Planning, Digital) and Geo Partners. In this role you will also inspire and motivate a team of junior product merchants, encouraging a culture of learning and development.
Who You Will Work With
- Geo Merchandising / Digital Merchandising
- Global Design
- Product Development
- Materials Development and Engineering
- Product Merchandising Operations
- Consumer Insights
- Finance and Product Finance
- Marketplace Planning and Analytics
- Brand Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- 5 years' proven experience in product-related roles
- Experience managing and developing team of direct reports
- Franchise, Classification, and Lifecycle Management
- Multi-Season Planning and Pricing
- Product and Sneaker culture obsessed
- Business orientation, analytical proficiency, and retail math
- Possess Global to Local Insights with a Solution driven, growth mentality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including facilitating meetings and presentations with a high degree of integrity. Should be comfortable presenting in front of large groups of people
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts and opportunities to a functionally diverse and wide audience
- Domestic and international travel (limited Int’l) required (±15% of time on the road)