Sr. Software Engineer II - Connected Product Platform
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As a Senior Software Engineer in our Global Technology Organization, you'll be part of Nike’s Global Platform as a Service (PaaS) team providing service-based and IoT solutions as part of the development and deployment of enterprise system solutions for our business. You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing Nike technology platforms and architecting a technology landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible, and will ultimately enable Nike on its journey to 2023 and beyond.
The ideal candidate will have TypeScript / NodeJS / GoLang / Rust, AWS, and API/ web-based development experience with emphasis on concepts, principles, practices, and technologies associated with service-oriented computing and web services engineering. This position requires excellent communication and teamwork skills and the ability to multitask, innovate, and challenge conventional thinking.
Are you ready to accept the challenge and contribute as a member of the team?WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
In this position, you will be responsible for designing, developing, leading, and deploying Web/Cloud-based and IoT enabled software solutions. You will also be working with other senior software engineers to ensure your development works in a highly coordinated environment.In this role, you will:
- Design, develop, configure, and implement complex solutions and code in Web technologies like NodeJS, ReactJS, HTML, and similar technologies
- Build, develop, configure, test, and implement complex solutions and code in an AWS environment that uses APIs, Lambda, DynamoDB, and other similar technologies
- Deploy / develop in public cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Work with CI/CD tools and automating full stack builds and deployments
- Conduct performance monitoring, tuning, and analyze performance against benchmarks
- Work in an Agile delivery environment
- Multi-task, collaborate, listen, and use your excellent written and verbal communication skills
You will collaborate with our Technical Product Management teams to understand requirements, assist in providing scope and cost estimates, and help drive engineering activities through deployment. You will pair with technical leads and managers on the team to support other engineers with technical consulting and direction, problem solving, as well as write and review designs, technical specifications, and TypeScript / NodeJS / GoLang / RUST coding as part of our standard SDLC process applying the latest Web technologies.
You will work closely with Architects and leads to make sure all solutions adhere to existing guidelines and principals and assist in evolving our processes to continuously improve. In addition, you will collaborate with other engineers on approaches and standard methodologies for leading large and small technical implementations.WHAT YOU BRING
We are looking for elite talent that brings the following key skills and experience to this role:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering, or related field or a combination of relevant experience, education, and training
- 6+ years of professional experience in IT
- 5+ years hands-on experience in software design, development, and testing in NodeJS / TypeScript / Go Lang / Rust, or similar
- Experience with Web technologies like NodeJS, ReactJS, HTML, and similar technologies
- 5+ years' working as a Software Engineer in a complex matrix organization within a global IT environment having diverse and complex landscape
- 3+ years building, deploying, and supporting RESTful APIs
- 3+ years’ experience in Cloud environments like AWS (Serverless technologies like AWS Lambda, API Gateway, NoSQL like Dynamo, S#, SQS and SNS)
- Prefer 1+ year working in IoT technology including MQTT and AWS IoT GreenGrass
- 2+ years testing and deploying code via CI/CD tools like Jenkins or CircleCI
- 2+ years of experience with source code maintenance using tools such as GitHub.
- Prefer 2+ years' mentoring, governing, and supporting 2-5 Junior developers concurrently
- Experience working as a senior engineer on multiple projects and business functions in both large (1-year+ projects) and small projects (>3 months)
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.