sr. Store Designer - a&f co
ABERCROMBIE AND FITCH CO.
Columbus, OH, USAPosted 10 days ago
Company presentationOUR COMPANY
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of five global, renowned lifestyle brands: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. We reach customers across 120+ countries and strive to create inclusive, welcoming, omni-channel experiences for our global customers.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren't afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
Job descriptionOur Store Designer is focused on creating new and evolved store designs. This person can translate and adapt concepts to unique spaces and environments. This person has a collaborative approach, is future focused, customer-centric and dedicated to creating exceptional experiences aligned with our brand strategies. This person has an "all hands-on deck" approach and is well versed in both store concepting and technical retail store design.
*Store Planning group consists of Store Design, Real Estate, Maintenance & Construction, Global Procurement
*Branded Team consists of Store Design, Marketing, Stores, Visual, Merchants, Design, Planning and Store Planning
What will you be doing?
- Manages the planning and implementation of Global Real Estate projects through store design which includes all new stores, current fleet evolution and optimization, market expansions, store closures, store down-sizes, store relocations and experience remodels
- Consistently adapts and translates store concepts to various store formats globally
- Coordinates end to end project workflow and meets project deadlines provided by supervisor, Real Estate and/or Construction; includes feasibility studies, proposed store planning and approved store implementation
- Multitasks projects within various phases
- Manages individual project budgets during internal proposed and approved project phases
- Teams up across multiple key functions weekly to present store designs to gain alignment
- Communicates with landlords, consultants and various external partners to successfully execute projects
- Completes drawings, shop drawings and landlord documentation as needed
Profile- 4-year degree, or relevant experience in Interior Design or Architecture
- 5+ years of work experience, 2 or more years of retail design experience required
- Proficient use of AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-up & 3D Modeling Programs
- Knowledge of general domestic & international code restrictions
- General understanding of constructability
- Organized and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Self-motivated - ability to work independently and drive results
- Team player - collaborate effectively with a team and diverse group of business partners
- Receptive to feedback from team and multiple business partners
- Energetic, positive, creative problem solver with a solution-based outlook
- Strong communication skills