Sr Technical Designer
To manage the fit and construction process for quality garments leading to on time delivery.
- Manage and supervise assigned Technical Designer/s
- Lead/direct fit session on live model with cross-functional teams (Design/Merchants/Product Development) to evaluate garment fit, constructions, and styling details.
- Ability to articulate the fit issues and present solutions during the fit session to cross functional teams.
- Accountable to resolve fit issues and to clearly communicate to vendors via WebPDM, illustrator and/or pattern corrections w/in a 24-72 hour turn time.
- Accurately apply grade rules and make pattern corrections
- Take ownership to maintain accuracy of WebPDM tech pack specs and construction pages.
- Establish and maintain library of patterns of basic blocks.
- Establish and maintain brand fit, spec and construction consistency.
- Collaborate with Design in initial stages of tech pack spec development. Translate design sketches and/or sample into spec and construction pages. Review tech packs prior to turn over for accuracy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Travel to Asia as needed (approximately 2-3 times annually).
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as a PacSun advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
- As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability,encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
- Degree in fashion design, apparel production or textiles
- Minimum 10 years of proven technical design experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of pattern making experience
- Advance knowledge of garment construction, fabric characteristics and garment performance
- Working knowledge of Gerber PDS, WebPDM, Illustrator and Excel
- Demonstrated strong grading knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a keen sense of urgency
- Ability to work as a team member across multiple cross-functional teams
- Ability to flex between multiple product categories
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes and be self-motivated
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours, with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As a National Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and
routinely uses standard office equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.