Sr. Technical Designer
Kontoor Brands, Inc. (KTB) is the parent company of Wrangler®, Lee® and Rock & Republic®, with owned manufacturing facilities in Mexico and Nicaragua. Kontoor also owns and operates over 140 retail stores across the globe. Our global company employs more than 15,000 people in 65 countries, with world headquarters in Greensboro, North Carolina, and regional headquarters in Geneva and Hong Kong.
Job PostingSr. Technical DesignerThis Senior Technical Designer is responsible for our Kontoor Brands’ complete technical development of pattern-making and technical specifications from the onset of each seasonal development to finalization of sampling development. This role is focused on our specific Brand’s business unit’s product category lines. Managing the on-time adherence of functional task timelines in accordance with brands’ strategic Go-to-Market milestones and critical dates. Technical packages are built to meet or exceed pre-determined gross margin and price targets.
This Senior Tech Designer manages the communication and processes of all product specifications details to strictly meet the quality standards established in pattern, technical construction, and approved materials. This Senior Technical Designer drives collaborations with cross-functional areas on all major finalization activities of pattern and all technical specifications into existing systems and tools for a complete and on-time pass-off to production partners.
- Manages own activities in providing technical expertise on product development in the areas of pre-production pattern development, technical construction specification and materials finalization to ensure all pre-production specifications are completed accurately and within specified timelines.
- Initiates and works closely in tandem with Product Development team to ensure a complete, on-time pass-off to Production Technical Design team to enable next stage of production-ready packages to Field manufacturing, overseas offices and vendor suppliers.
- Assesses and executes Design/Merchandising product changes to Production Technical Design and/or Manufacturing in timely to ensure accurate execution in bulk production. Manages up-to-date information and workflow in current tools and related systems.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and current fit blocks into pattern development alongside 3D pattern design and asset management; and with technical construction manual specifications. Applies and follows established standard operating procedures related to materials management (Bills of Materials), Labelling & Packaging manuals and Folding guides.
- Drives problem-solving with cross-functional teams to proactively resolve pattern, construction, quality, finishing, findings, and systems issues in pre-production stage. Escalates exception issues promptly to supervisors and/or related business partners.
- Adopt new skills and training to facilitate implementation of new technology, systems and tools. Assists in identifying and deploying best practices within own unit and cross-functionally.
- Responsible for personal training and development. Conducts self-performance appraisal to review with direct supervisor.
- Extensive apparel manufacturing experience with extensive knowledge in pattern, technical product development processes and systems. development or related manufacturing, sourcing, or operations areas.
- In-depth technical knowledge in E2E product manufacturing processes Preferred experience in Jeanswear Bottoms or Tops product.
- Self-driven individual motivated to drive results and high-performance.
- Strong attention to details and loves problem-solving.
- Solid organizational skills to prioritize, multitask, and deliver to deadlines and drive optimal results.
- High proficiency in systems – SAP, Illustrator and MS Office applications (SharePoint, Teams, Excel, Smartsheet, etc.)
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Preferred Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
At Kontoor, we offer a comprehensive benefit package to fit your lifestyle and our benefits are crafted with the same care as our products.
When our employees are healthy, secure and well, they bring their best selves to work. Kontoor Brands supports you with a competitive benefits program that provides choice and flexibility to meet your and your family’s needs – now and in the future. We offer resources to support your physical, emotional, social and financial wellbeing, plus benefits like discounts on our apparel. Kontoor Brands also provides four weeks of Paid Parental Leave to eligible employees who are new parents, Flexible Fridays and tuition reimbursement.
Our Kontoor D&I MissionAt Kontoor, we believe that D&I is a key enabler to a culture that empowers us to work with passion and confidence, shaping our brand and future.
Our Kontoor D&I Commitment
- Create a global workforce of high-performing teams that both unlocks our individual uniqueness and harnesses our collaborative talents
- Ensure an equitable environment that attracts & promotes diverse workforce
- Foster inclusivity, ensuring employees feel they can bring their whole selves to work