Sr. Technical Designer, Apparel
JustFab & ShoeDazzle are currently looking for aSenior Technical Designer, Apparel.How Do You Fit In?
As the Senior Technical Designer, Apparel you will analyze and size women’s garments from proto stage to final production. The Technical Designer will be sitting on all fittings, participating in garment construction from the development stages through production, and creating a specs for a heavy volume of tech packs. You will be joining an extremely fast-paced team of passionate and energetic creative individuals working towards significant expansion into various apparel categories. The ideal candidate will be a highly energetic self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind who understands the brand aesthetic and price point of JustFab and ShoeDazzle. A strong background working with both knit and woven fabrics with prior experience in apparel categories (jackets, tops, dresses, activewear & bottoms).
This position will report to theVP of Production & Product Development.What You Will Do
- Assembly of tech packs from development stages through production
- Develop technical specifications including measurement specs, grading and construction details
- Will work closely with cross-functional team members from Design, PD, Production and Merchandising
- Run all fittings for 1st samples through production and record accurate measurements and fit notes on spec sheets
- Facilitate the transition of apparel styles from design concept / first prototype to a final, production-ready sample offering solutions to correct fit and construction details for challenging styles
- Analyze garments to determine compliance of spec, construction, fit and design intent
- Daily correspondence with import factories sending and tracking comments and follow up on prototypes
- Work within tight calendar time constraints prioritizing workload to meet fast approaching deadlines with a sense of urgency
- Create library of block patterns to maintain fit consistency within product categories
- Update tech packs after each fitting illustrating pattern corrections and style comments using Centric PLM, Excel, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Act as point of contact for vendors answering fit, spec, pattern, trim and construction questions
- Identify and alert design and production teams of potential production, quality and costing issues and making recommendations to ensure brand integrity is maintained
- Continually research competition in the market for various construction techniques, new technology and fit
- 4-5 years previous experience as a Technical Designer with some Patternmaking experience
- Previous experience with Apparel categories – Jackets, Tops, Dresses, Denim, Bottoms & Active
- Strong background working with both knit and woven fabrics
- Interpret design intent and create alternative solutions
- Solid understanding of the marketplace and competitive set
- Exceptional knowledge and eye for fit, garment construction, and finishing
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentation
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and work in fast-paced environment under pressure
- Knowledge of PLM, Excel, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Outlook and Gerber is a plus
- Experience with Centric PLM a plus
TechStyleOS is the globally integrated Operations and Services provider behind some of the fastest growing online fashion brands in history, including Fabletics, Savage X Fenty, JustFab, ShoeDazzle, and FabKids. With capabilities spanning technology, data science, supply chain management, fulfillment, customer service, and more, we help brands launch, scale and grow—across product categories and geographically. From predictive analytics to data-driven marketing and attribution, our unique approach is powered by our proprietary, end-to-end tech platform that enables the brands we serve to deliver a level of personalization, value, and satisfaction that are unrivaled in the fashion industry.
JustFab LLC, ShoeDazzle, LLC, Personal Retailing Inc. (d/b/a FabKids) is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, compensate, develop, and promote regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable. At JustFab LLC, ShoeDazzle, LLC, Personal Retailing Inc. (d/b/a FabKids), we champion a vibrant workplace culture that thrives on diversity law and do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. We are one team from many backgrounds, innovating through diversity of individuals, who are driven by passion for creating an inclusive space for all. JustFab LLC, ShoeDazzle, LLC, Personal Retailing Inc. (d/b/a FabKids) will continue to champion a workplace culture that prizes diversity and inclusivity.
We encourage you to apply regardless of meeting all qualifications and/or requirements.Please be aware that the Company requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and we will require all non-remote new hires working in our Los Angeles office to submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation. Currently, the Company considers you fully vaccinated 14 days after your second dose in a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or 14 days after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson). The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a disability, medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation upon active employment.In addition, due to how highly transmittable the Omicron variants is, we are currently requiring all non-remote employees to get a vaccine booster when eligible.