Sr. Visual Designer, ZAW
Welcome! You made it to the job description page!
At Zappos, we look for people who will show up as their whole self because we value diversity and inclusion, as well as people who enjoy fun and maybe even a little weirdness. So be sure to check on whether you’re aligned with our company values and culture. If you think you can see yourself delivering WOW as a member of the Zappos family, then check out the job description below!
Company Culture is at Our Core
Our 10 Core Values are more than just words, they're a way of life. We know that companies with a strong culture & a higher purpose perform better in the long run.
Do our values speak to you?
- Deliver WOW Through Service
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
- Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
- Pursue Growth and Learning
- Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
- Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
- Do More With Less
- Be Passionate and Determined
- Be Humble
We Focus on Four C’s
Commerce (the "E" kind in our case)
Zappos continues to transform and grow. Ensuring the four C’s remain top of mind in everyone’s day-to-day means delivering happiness and WOW in the long-term to customers, as well as employees, vendors, shareholders and the community, in a sustainable way.
It’s also part of our core culture to offer shoppers more styles and variety, while reimagining ways to exceed expectations, protect and grow our company culture, and serve our communities near and far.
Company Perks: Quick Reference
- A generous Zapponian discount program.
- A multitude of benefits and incentives to stay healthy and fit.
- Zappos pays 100% of every employee’s medical, dental, and vision.
- Plenty of paid time off for life, vacations, staycations, and rest.
- Zappos pays for 100% of any 12 therapy, mental health, or coaching sessions each year.
- Meaningful assistance programs like professional development, mentoring, and 401k.
- Make an impact through volunteer adventures and other community programs
- Mandatory fun? Yes, please. Enjoy team building, family spirit and plenty of room to recharge.
Check out more company perks on our website.
Zapponian [noun| employee of Zappos].You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective| not afraid of anything].A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun| the good stuff you get for working hard].Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun| a decade we love, but no longer live in].Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun| you're a recruiter, too].As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Zappos at Work is growing, and we are looking for a Sr Visual Designer to help us take our business to the next level. Zappos at Work is an innovate B2B and B2B2C program that provides safety footwear, uniform and apparel solutions to top Fortune 100 companies across the United States. As we grow, we are looking to hire a dynamic and experienced Sr Visual Designer.
This role will focus on growing the Zappos at Work and Business Development program through execution of creative assets, landing page design, co-op marketing integrations, site and portal updates, and pitch deck and presentation creation. This person will be tasked with creating memorable and crisp design solutions across the Zappos at Work site and portal, working to integrate brand assets seamlessly where available, and to find solutions to customer experience opportunities across varied objectives.
The ideal candidate will have deep expertise within a visual design role, and a strong understanding of B2B and B2B2C. They will also have experience working creatively to develop solutions for ambiguous problems.
What You Will Be Doing
- Helping to build and grow world-class Zappos at Work and Business Development assets, images and visuals
- Execute on a varied group of materials and tasks, with both a B2B and B2C audience
- Developing hard copy materials and visuals for vendors, job sites, expos and other B2B-facing events
- Managing a flow of requests to make changes in the existing Zappos at Work portal and program, from both internal stakeholders and brands
- Creating mock ups of potential proposals for business development opportunities
- Identifying and prioritizing the most important workflows
- Pivoting across varied functions to ensure day to day management of Zappos at Work and Business Development outputs are executed flawlessly
- Communicating across both the Zappos at Work team, as well as the broader Zappos organization, to identify areas of collaboration
- Partner with project teams and leadership to understand the vision of a new concept or project into presentations
- Coordinate the design, production, and distribution of assets and presentations across multiple projects simultaneously
- Partner across the organization to curate necessary assets for internal presentations
- Commission vendors in the creation of printed materials, photography, graphic assets, illustrations, props, etc.
- Develop and maintain a library of assets, templates, and style guides to ensure team-wide consistency
- Collaborate cross-functionally with a diverse mix of teams, balancing the needs of stakeholders and always seeking opportunities to elevate the work and craft of visual communication and project pitching
- Stay up to date with new design trends, digital tools, and presentation best practices
- 5+ years of design experience, preferably in ecommerce visual design
- Expert abilities across design tools such as Photoshop
- A passion for operational efficiency
- A history of developing effective visual design assets
- A proven track record of managing complex workflows and communications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Microsoft Office proficient
Zappos is committed to help foster an environment where we can celebrate and embrace our diversity and each person's individuality so that people can bring their whole selves to work. In order to ensure that we are considering the needs of all of our employees and building a more inclusive Zappos, we ask that you take a few minutes to update your details, even if you select “Prefer not to say” on some questions.
The Fine Print
Please limit to 2 applications.
The Zappos Family of Companies is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at [email protected] or call us at 1.702.943.7777.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.