Staff Engineer, Search Architect & Mdm (Remote)
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we're here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are - and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
Job descriptionJob Description
Primary responsibility of Search & Master Data Management Application Architect is to work within A&F IT and business community to ensure systems are architected utilizing industry best practices and within the guidelines set forth. This role is a cross technical leadership role within the organization providing architecture guidance, design, and recommendations for Elastic Search application, Stibo PIM, HCL commerce and its integrations with other systems.
Oversee and provide guidance on system architecture for Search Engine and MDM applications for catalog and product data and other integration with eCommerce, Personalization & Marketing Technologies. Help with contributing and providing Architectural templates such as Solutions Designs, Estimation process, architectural diagrams, and future architectural transformation. Provide feedback and mentoring to SMEs and Tech Leads for these initiatives. Facilitate design patterns which support MACH architecture, reuse, test driven development, and simplification of software packages within the organization. Work with other application architects, solution architects and Enterprise architects, to design solutions which meet enterprise standards.
In addition, the architect will be responsible for understanding emerging IT architectures for microservices, and DevOps pipelines to make recommendations for incorporating appropriate emerging architectures into future A&F roadmaps.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Responsible for providing Architecture, Solution design, technical leadership and oversee implementation of technical projects that affect all Abercrombie & Fitch consumer digital experiences
- Invest in continual improvements to tooling or technical debt and ensure that the system evolves to meet changing needs and environment
- Champion technical and process transformation including adoption of DevOps, CI/CD and testing automation practices
- Ensure that architecture and designs meet required scalability, performance, and reliability standards for A&F digital operations
- Work in a team environment, supporting the team goals and improving engineering practices
- Work closely with organizational stakeholders, technology partners and other members of the Digital Product Engineering team to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Measure, review & work with application teams to improve application & individual microservices Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to meet performance, scalability & security goals
- Continuously improve IT platforms based on retail technology trends to support business strategies
ProfileWhat Do You Need To Bring?
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 12+ years of experience in various roles providing technical leadership withing large scale application
- Experience architecting Search engine - Elastic Search or Solr. And its integrations with ecommerce and personalization applications.
- Excellent understanding of Data management applications and their integrations with Ecommerce systems
- Experience working on HCL commerce and Stibo PIM is a bonus
- Experience with web architecture and IT security best practices (SOX, PCI)
- Experience in design and development of microservices in a container environment.
- Experience in modern server side technologies like REST, JPA, Kafka, Swagger, Graphql etc.
- Experience in API orchestration using GraphQL
- Hands on experience in test automation, developer owned quality practices
- Experience in all phases of the software development life cycle, including analysis, design, unit test, system test, deployment, and production support.
- Critical thinker with the ability to develop completely new problem-solving approaches and formulate innovative solutions
- Proven interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent technical, analytical, and customer service skills
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fact paced environment
- Ability to rapidly learn new software and maintain competency with technologies