Store Design – Project Manager
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.Who we are looking for
Supports consumer led retail concepts and the evolution of the Nike retail business; at the macro and micro levels, aiding in the development of NA concepts, NA stores, program and project work.
Tactical, organized, positive team player who is responsible for delivering the project objective and deliverables. Owns the day-to-day project schedule, and manages project costs, timelines and quality while remaining flexible and passionate about delivering the best creative solutions. Project work includes 2D and 3D retail elements for retail environments and programs that reflect Nike’s design ethos and improve the consumer retail experience.What you will work on
- Lead all aspects of assigned retail projects and related production processes to effectively marshal timelines, goals and budgets.
- Drive project schedules and communications, meeting cadence, execution of deliverables and in-store installations. Strong communication; written and verbal, both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with the design and operations teams, vendors, fabricators to ensure designs are
- executed to specification and quality standards.
- Facilitate sampling and prototyping, identify and address key issues and challenges in the printing, construction/ manufacturing, testing of designs.
- Accountable to coordinate, record and maintain all project specific development/production documentation and specifications for integration into retail standards. Leverage best practices, and tools while improving on them.
- Fosters teamwork and builds consensus among design team, partner teams and vendors.
- Fosters innovative thinking and operational excellence that optimizes creativity.
Will work in conjunction with a Senior Project Manager, Program Manager or Director of Execution to contribute to long-term planning and process creation/improvements to support NA Business and Brand goals. Actively facilitate & manage cross-functional partners and key collaborators in strategic, programmatic and project specific meetings and workstreams. Encouraged to represent Retail Design studio and Nike brand with internal and external partners.What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Design or related field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience and training
- 7+ years project management experience in retail design and/or commercial construction fields
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize around deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate in both technical and business environments
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Experience and knowledge of fixture detailing, manufacturing processes and costs
- Experience and knowledge of Environmental graphics, print & 3D execution and management
- Experience in tender process and subcontractor labor dynamics in union and non-union markets
- Ability to interpret construction documents, mechanical engineering drawings and shop drawings
- Experienced in negotiating and interacting with various teams, from laborers to senior level management
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.