Store Design Senior Specialist
Plano, Texas, USAPosted 7 days ago
Company presentationAt JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job descriptionStore Design Senior Specialist
The Store Design Senior Specialist will support and assist the Store Design Manager with day-to-day job functions to drive performance and create Store Design Solutions.
- Develops Elevations in AutoCAD of existing and new wall conditions, notates wall finishes, graphic frame and hardware mounting heights, dimensions and special conditions to ensure General Contractors build, paint, install as specified, and for Stores to implement; develops prototypes that account for various store layouts and field conditions and those that are store-specific and custom designed
- Creates 3D renederings for fixtures, furniture, and overall design concepts for projects.
- Creates finish boards and space plans for new stores, renovations, and rollouts
- Draws prototypical floor finish and interior key plans that specify flooring types and locations and start/stop points for each wall application, used as a guide for store planners and designers when creating individual drawings for rollouts. Develops customized drawings exact to particular stores.
- Reviews fixture and concept plans with the Planning team to intake project scope and ensures dÃ©cor criteria are met, and will partner with Design team to execute dÃ©cor plans and elevations. Ensures accuracy of drawings, provided by the Design team.
- Creates a design for fixtures and furniture, in partnership with Procurement and Design.
- Creates a takeoff formula for each wall and floor material (wallcovering, tile, floor tile, carpet) per store, per project.
- Creates and Maintains visual standards
- Collaborates with Construction, Procurement, and Planning teams on current projects, responds to to inquiries and ensures accuracy, dÃ©cor and other criteria are met.
- Creates and Maintains item number database for fixures, furniture, and graphics. Uploads final fixture details into Lucernex system.
- May support particular Divisions or Entities such as Beauty, Salon, etc.Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Excellent Drawing, Project Management, Organization and Multi-Tasking skills are a must
- Advanced AutoCAD 2019+ skillset
- Working knowledge of In-Design, Excel, MSWord, PowerPoint and Photoshop
- Experience with Store Design and all aspects of Store Environment, including but not limited to elevation markups and takeoffs, fixture design, design and dÃ©cor construction plans/drawings; with understanding of store planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer-Focused ideas that Drive Results, Thinks Critically, Embraces Growth Midset, Takes Accountabilty
- Technical College or Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years Interior Design or Interior Design background preferred
- 2+ years of hands-on Visual Merchandising experience preferred
- 1+ years Working knowledge and experience with industrial or fixture design preferredWhat you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company's flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation's largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.