Store Designer 3
Senior-level designer within a fast-paced, high-performance retail rollout team supporting U.S. and International Real Estate strategy. The position requires implementing an established design prototype in new and remodel store projects, and the designer is responsible for all aspects of planning and design.
You are a collaborator who is curious about the cross-functional team's point-of-view, are open to design feedback, and willing to make a change at any point during a project. You have an appreciation for process yet are able to navigate projects outside of it when necessary. You have a sense of ownership on your projects, are a creative self-starter and comfortable with a still developing work from home/hybrid model within a collaborative team structure. Your Passion for Brand Integrity and Customer Experience is the foundation of your work.
- Personally, create schematic designs, including floor plans, storefront elevations, and other materials to support design merchandising and operational requirements while adhering to design guidelines and Brand strategy.
- Advocate for design integrity throughout the life cycle of projects, including DD/CD review, shop drawings, and Landlord approval. Provide construction administration as needed.
- Review site information and criteria from landlords, code sheet information and site surveys and will create landlord packages to obtain design approvals.
- Direct, manage, and partner with architects and consultants for completion of drawings and design related construction questions on projects.
- Prepare presentation materials and make internal presentations to project partners and senior management, to solicit, analyze and incorporate feedback.
- Partner with construction, sourcing, visual merchandising, and store operations to align store scope, site-specific elements, and project deadlines with these cross-functions.
- Initiate development, review, and approve project-specific shop drawings.
- Typically reports to Design Manager, with future opportunity for direct reports.
- Proven store design expertise in the retail sector. Specialty Retail a plus.
- Established personal strategies to organize workload, meet budgets and stay on schedule.
- Acute attention to detail and ability to differentiate between the detail that is or isn't important
- Desire to be a part of a collaborative, high-performance team where cultivating healthy relationships is integral to success.
- Ability to adapt to change, feedback, and diverse communication styles
- Demonstrated ability to communicate design through visual, written, and verbal formats.
- Technical expertise in AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop, Word, and Excel is required. Sketchup is a plus.
- Proficient at sketching and rendering to communicate ideas.
- B.S. in Architecture, Interior Design, Industrial Design, or equivalent education and work experience
- Experience in-store implementation in U.S and International Markets
- A broad understanding of storefront detailing and fixture development.
- Involvement in evolving design development, planning programs/systems a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not make employment decisions based on an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other legally protected status, and we comply with all laws concerning non-discriminatory employment practices. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for associates and job applicants with disabilities. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.