Store Designer, a&f CO
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we're here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are - and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
Job descriptionJob Description
Our Store Designer is focused on creating new and evolved store designs. This person can translate and adapt concepts to unique spaces and environments. This person has a collaborative approach, is future focused, customer-centric and dedicated to creating exceptional experiences aligned with our brand strategies. This person has an "all hands-on deck" approach and is well versed in both store concepting and technical retail store design.
*Store Planning group consists of Store Design, Real Estate, Maintenance & Construction, Global Procurement
*Branded Team consists of Store Design, Marketing, Stores, Visual, Merchants, Design, Planning and Store Planning
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Manages the planning and implementation of Global Real Estate projects through store design which includes all new stores, current fleet evolution and optimization, market expansions, store closures, store down-sizes, store relocations and experience remodels
- Consistently adapts and translates store concepts to various store formats globally
- Coordinates end to end project workflow and meets project deadlines provided by supervisor, Real Estate and/or Construction; includes feasibility studies, proposed store planning and approved store implementation
- Multitasks projects within various phases
- Manages individual project budgets during internal proposed and approved project phases
- Teams up across multiple key functions weekly to present store designs to gain alignment
- Communicates with landlords, consultants and various external partners to successfully execute projects
- Completes drawings, shop drawings and landlord documentation as needed
ProfileWhat Do You Need To Bring?
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or Architecture, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of work experience and 2 or more years of retail design experience required
- Proficient use of AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-up & 3D Modeling Programs
- Knowledge of general domestic & international code restrictions
- General understanding of constructability
- Organized and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Self-motivated - ability to work independently and drive results
- Team player - collaborate effectively with a team and diverse group of business partners
- Receptive to feedback from team and multiple business partners
- Energetic, positive, creative problem solver with a solution-based outlook
- Strong communication skills