Store Visual Manager
At H&M, we welcome you to be yourself and challenge you to grow and make a difference.
You'll take on new responsibilities from day one, learn skills for life, meet friends completely unlike you that make you feel at home, and start finding ways to make your big dreams come true. By living our Values daily and being your authentic self, you help us reimagine the future of an entire industry by making everyone look, feel and do good.
Be yourself & more at H&M.
Job descriptionJob Description
Overall Job Summary:The Store Visual Manager is responsible for supporting the Sales and Profit goals in the store by setting a plan to deliver the Best Customer Experience. The Store Visual Manager will ensure the store has the Best Team and support their development, as well as working with succession planning, talent development, and structured performance management for the team based on results, values, and leadership. The Store Visual Manager will work in accordance with legal requirements and H&M standards, policies, and procedures to meet the expectations of customers and colleagues.
This position reports to the Store Manager and has the following direct reports: Visual Merchandisers Key & Visual Merchandisers
Your Day to Day*
Sales and profit
A Store Visual Manager will ensure that the garment presentation in windows and in-store is according to the Commercial Handbook. Together with the Store Manager, the Store Visual Manager will lead the team to maximize and drive the Commercial opportunities within the H&M brand guidelines. The Store Visual Manager will follow up and analyze key KPIs and initiate actions to increase profit and support the commercial planning of the store. The role will ensure that all safety, security, and administration procedures are followed.
- Ensure you are up to date with current fashion trends
- Share, inspire, and educate the store team on seasonal trend information, upcoming campaigns, and brand standards
- Ensure you meet customer expectations on direct service according to H&M standards
- Support the store to achieve excellent customer service
- Ensure the visual team follows up on the Visual Identity through the implementation of the Commercial handbook and secure well-styled mannequins in windows and in-store.
- Guarantee the team creates a clear red threat from windows to A-area with wearable buying suggestions
- Lead the store team to secure high-quality, commercial garment presentation, and care
- Maintain clear customer flow through fixture placement and navigation in line with H&M standards
- Ensure the launch and maintenance of all sales campaigns and activities are on time according to H&M standards and optimized for the store
- Ensure the store commerciality can compete effectively in the local market by identifying opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and selling
- Follow up, evaluate, and give feedback on sales KPIs to the management team
- Initiate changes to improve the business together with the Store Manager
- Ensure the team secures Sample picking to create clear stories and wearable buying suggestions
- Follow Best Practices on quantity, condition, and maintenance for all Visual Merchandiser material, props, and marketing material with a sustainability mindset.
- Keep visual room organized and safe
- Keep all Visual materials in the store current and share information with the team on seasonal changes.
- Stay updated on products and sales activities
- Set store visual goals with the Store Manager; facilitate them and do follow-ups
- Plan and prioritize commercial workload according to business needs and budget
By managing the Visual team, the Store Visual Manager will support and lead the entire Store team to increase the shopping and working experience in the store. The role will ensure all employee relation responsibilities, legal requirements, and H&M policies are fulfilled. The role will work to make the Visual lifecycle a reality for all members of the Visual team.
Training and Development
- Evaluate & develop the visual and commercial skills of the store team through regular visual training for all colleagues to support garment presentation in line with the Commercial Handbook
- Ensure succession planning within the store Visual team with Area Visual
- Execute and ensure store Visual recruitment with the Store Manager
- Support the Country and Area with expansion needs
- Promote employee and customer safety
- Resolve health & safety, legal, and security issues
- Address any loss prevention and safety issues that may occur while on duty and bring any escalated employee issues to the management team
- Ensure that all communication in the windows and sales floor meet local legislation
- Update store team on business performance, new initiatives, and other relevant issues
Who You Are
- Inclusive, positive, creative, and willing to learn on the job!
- Passionate for customer service and helping people find their style
- A multi-tasker who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with an eye for detail
- Ability to coach and counsel staff on performance management and progressive discipline techniques
- 1-2+ years of transferrable experience welcome
- You have the ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.) for a short distance
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
- Must be able to work with hand and power-operated tools (Iron, Steamer, etc) and lift in order to execute display setups
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends
- May be required to travel to support other stores